Sunday, February 18, 2018

The Magic Within Update

The Magic Within Chapter 34 on FicPad

The Magic Within Chapter 34 on Stars

The Magic Within Chapter 34 on AO3

The Magic Within Chapter 34 on FFn

The Magic Within Chapter 34 on Wattpad

After a few more days ‘recuperating’ at her mother’s home in Forks, we locked up the house and blinked back to the castle in Seattle. When we got back, Bella began working with Carmen, Charlotte and Marcus’ mother, Kathryn, to plan for the memorial of our fallen comrades – Maggie, Marcus and Tanya. I knew their remains had been brought to Seattle and cremated, as according to the fae customs. We just needed to have a memorial and honor their bravery, their strength and their loss.

The castle, which had been buzzing with creatures from all over North America, was empty, save for my sister, her mate, Peter, Charlotte, Emmett and Rosalie. The rest of the creatures were staying with Eleazar and Carmen in their home, just next door to the castle. They were providing us the necessary space for our healing but were close by in case we needed their support.

I was much better, almost to full strength, but I knew that Rosalie was dealing with horrific flashbacks, night terrors and extreme anxiety. Bella spent a great deal with time with her, trying to help Rosalie with her emotions since she’d lived it. I’d felt Bella’s overwhelming shame for what Jacob had done to her. She still felt dirty and unworthy of me or the   happiness she now had. Through our connection, I heard Rosalie describe the awful things that Jacob did to her and she’d need a great deal of help before Rosalie could truly heal.

“Lord Edward?” came the gruff voice of Peter. I looked up from my seat in my office. I was working on the preliminary plans for a magic school, to teach the next generation of creatures. He glided inside and sat down, dwarfed by the fae-sized chairs. We’d been in our human forms, getting used to our human bodies again. “I’ve put in my papers at my hospital, resigning my position. Charlotte has done the same. We’re looking for permanent residence here in Seattle.”

“Hold off on that,” I said. “I think that … with the magic school … we may need to relocate. Some place remote. I’ve been looking at real estate in Montana and Wyoming. We could …”

“Both locations are beautiful,” Peter said. “It would be nice to have a secured location, far off the beaten path, but near a larger city for those of us who need jobs. Granted, with long lives and smart investments, Charlotte and I don’t have to work.” He blinked to me, smirking. “You, on the other hand, are set for the rest of your immortal life.”

“Why do you say that?” I asked, sitting back and closing the computer.

Peter handed me a large envelope, addressed to me via the legal aid office. I opened the envelope, pulling out a thick packet of paper from my old law firm. I scanned the paper, my eyes widened. “Carmen filed an unlawful termination suit against my old firm.”

“She was pissed off that they’d fired you when you were on FMLA. I provided testimony that what they did was unfair and illegal, backing up her claim. Rather than be dragged into the courts, and into a huge legal battle with the powerful son of disgraced congressional candidate, Carlisle Cullen – who was brought down by his own children. They saw you as a man without scruples and they offered you a significant monetary settlement,” Peter said.

I flipped the pages, finding an eight-figure settlement on the next page. That, coupled with my released trust and inheritance from my biological father, I would be set for my immortal life. “When did she do this?”


“She started it when I came to Seattle,” he answered. “She used my connections as a doctor to further along this process.” He sat forward, arching a brow. “Carmen also found an inheritance for Bella, too. Renee had left her a decent trust. We’d found the paperwork in the home in Forks.”

Seattle Castle




No comments:

Post a Comment