Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Picking Up The Pieces Update

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 16 on FicPad

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 16 on Stars

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 16 on AO3

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 16 on FFn

Picking Up The Pieces Chapter 16 on Wattpad


“I can see how much you adore her,” Billy smiled. “I know that Jake must have had a hand in guiding the two of you together. I think you’re a good man. You’ve made my third daughter smile again. You brought her back to life. I’ve seen her at her darkest, her emptiest. I saw her scrape herself out of that dark hole and start fresh in Forks. She struggled, but she’s flourished up there. She wouldn’t have done that down here, surrounded by the memories of Jake and what she’d lost.”

“I’m afraid that if I ask her, she won’t …” I whispered, my nose wrinkled.

“Edward, Bella may be the most stubborn woman in the world, but she loves you so much,” Billy said. “And I know that you want to give your mother something to live for. Esme is an amazing woman. Strong, compassionate and caring.  And she loves Grace and John like they were her own blood.”

“Do you think she’d say yes?” I asked, watching my girlfriend. “And are you okay with me …?”

“Edward, Jake sent you. I’m more than okay with you marrying her. You have my blessing and I’m certain that Charlie feels the same way,” Billy chuckled. “Now, why don’t you brave the sun and have fun with your girl? If what I gathered from Rebecca, this is going to be nice and cool compared to the ire of Rachel.”

“Why can’t she see that Bella’s happy?” I growled, standing up and putting on my own sunglasses.

“Because Rachel is not happy,” Billy sighed. “I’m going to call her and try to reason with her. I know she wants to see the kids, but I don’t want her to cause you or Bella any undue stress.”

“What happened with Rachel?”

“She’s …” he trailed off. He got up, nodding to Bella and the kids. He walked away, and I went into the pool, playing with the kids and racing John and Ryan until my muscles burned. That wasn’t the only thing that was burned. I could feel my shoulders ache from a new sunburn. We all went back to the hotel. Ryan and Billy drove separately, back to Ryan’s house and then to Billy’s home.

We ate some snacks and went to visit some of Bella’s old teacher friends from the elementary school worked at in Phoenix, before heading to Billy’s house. His residence was a bit outside of Phoenix, on the property of the reservation. His was one of the nicer homes in the reservation. His position as a tribal elder gave him that luxury. A number of people were in the backyard, which was decorated with twinkle lights and paper lanterns. Bella was hugged, and the kids were doted on. I was introduced and the cold shoulder I was expecting was not there. I was welcomed like a long-lost brother.

An hour passed, and I was drinking some alcoholic beverage made on the reservation grounds. It was strong, but delicious. I was laughing with Ryan and another worker from his company, Quil, when I heard an angry shriek and harsh slap.

“You bitch!” came the bitter sound from a tall, exotic woman. “How dare you bring him here!”

“Hello, Rachel,” Bella sighed, cupping her cheek, her eyes narrowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment