Thursday, August 25, 2016

The One That Got Away Update

TOTGA Chapter 33 Update on FicPad

TOTGA Chapter 33 Update on AO3

TOTGA Chapter 33 Update on FFn

TOTGA Chapter 33 Update on TWCS

After lunch, Bella walked back to the library. She was overjoyed about the movie deal, but that was overshadowed by the lingering insecurity about why Bella hadn’t been formerly introduced to the kids. It was early in their relationship, but on their first date, Edward proclaimed his love for her. Shaking her head, she tried to not focus on it. She checked back into work, going up to her usual haunt on the seventh floor. A few of the high school volunteers had arrived from their early release to fill in at the front desk.

The afternoon breezed by and Bella decided to get some overtime, shelving books before driving home around eight at night. She wanted to write, but was on hold until Alice gave her some notes about the first ten chapters she’d written for Out of the Darkness. Heating up some leftover chili, Bella showered and changed into a pair of loose sweatpants, curling up on the couch, nibbling on her meal as she flipped through the channels. She settled on a rerun of Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, mindlessly watching Detective Olivia Benson get all of the asshole rapists out there. Toward the end of the show, her cell phone rang on the cocktail table.

“Hello?” she replied.

“Hey, sweetness,” came the honeyed voice of her boyfriend. “I’ve only got about fifteen minutes before I have to go back on the floor. I wanted to call you while I had a chance.”

“You’re working tonight?” she asked.

“Filling in for a coworker who graciously switched with me so we could go to Busch Gardens on Saturday,” he chuckled. “I’ve only been at work for almost forty-eight hours, but it’s all good.”

“I couldn’t even imagine,” Bella sighed. “Aren’t you tired?”

“Exhausted, but I’ll be able to get some sleep tomorrow. I’m off at eight and I don’t have to go in until eight at night. Then, I’m off Saturday and Sunday,” he replied. “Unfortunately, I can’t take you to the airport on Monday since I have to go in at six Monday morning, but we can at least sleep together.”

“Would that be wise? Um, with your children in the next rooms? And your parents?” Bella squeaked.

“Bella, my parents know that I’m an adult. Yes, my mom tends to mother me because she’s my mom and my dad usually speaks his mind, even when it’s not warranted, but they don’t molly-coddle me. They know I have sex. Hi, I have two kids. They weren’t conceived by Immaculate Conception,” Edward snorted. “In regard to the children? I may be a dad, but I’m still a man. Now, can we go to bed naked? Um, no. My son likes to come in and get early morning snuggles. And daughter, I’ve gotten plenty of nut jabs from her bouncing on me. They know about you and I’ve talked about you nonstop. Lucy is excited to meet you. Liam is shy, but happy in his own right to see if you’re good enough for me.”

“So, I am going to meet them,” Bella said, a little bite in her tone.


“Of course. Why would you think that you wouldn’t?” Edward asked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment