Sunday, May 8, 2016

The One That Got Away Update

TOTGA Chapter 7 Update on FicPad

TOTGA Chapter 7 Update on AO3

TOTGA Chapter 7 Update on FFn

TOTGA Chapter 7 Update on TWCS

“I promise I’ll take care of her, Chief. Don’t wait up,” Edward said, taking Bella’s hand and threading their fingers together. He guided her out the door, kissing her knuckles, ignoring the grumbling police chief in the foyer.

“You are bad,” Bella giggled. “Don’t wait up?”

“Well, the reunion is going until midnight and there are numerous after parties. Not to mention I got a room,” he said as they walked to his sleek black BMW, his cheeks flushed as he pulled out a small card.

“What?” Bella squeaked. She shook her head, her eyes trained on the card.

“I’m sorry, Bella. I don’t mean to …” he sputtered. “I had hoped that we could …”

She stopped him, standing in front of him. “I’m sorry, Edward. Why don’t we get in the car and head to the hotel? I can explain my reaction. Please?”

“I just want to know that I didn’t mess up. That I didn’t mess up what could be something absolutely beautiful,” he whispered, taking her face in his hands.

“You didn’t, but I’d rather have this conversation other than in my front yard,” she quipped, kissing his nose. He wrinkled it, tugging her into his arms and hugging her briefly. He helped Bella into the smaller car that was sitting on the driveway. Jogging around the car, he slid into the driver’s seat and drove out of Bella’s neighborhood. He gripped the steering wheel, his knuckles white, until Bella’s hand gently pulled it away and weaved her fingers into his. “Edward, I’m sorry I clammed up out there over the room. To be honest, my sexual history has been nonexistent.”

“You’re a virgin?” Edward asked, his brow arched.

“No, I’m not a virgin, but the one man I was with was … he left me unsatisfied,” Bella said, blushed. 
“I’ve never been with anyone since and honestly, no one held my attention. I was single. Lonely, really. I had a few close friends, but because of what happened in high school, I didn’t trust easily. I still don’t.”

“And you’re waiting for the other shoe to drop,” Edward said. 

Epicurean Hotel






No comments:

Post a Comment