Friday, March 25, 2016

Buying Love Update

Buying Love Chapter 52 Update on FicPad

Buying Love Chapter 52 Update on AO3

Buying Love Chapter 52 Update on FFn

Buying Love Chapter 52 Update on TWCS

I was making some grilled cheese and tomato soup. I remember loving that when I was feeling down. My mom made the best grilled cheese, with American, cheddar, provolone and mozzarella. It was decadent and I hoped that Edward would like it, too. As I was dishing up the grilled cheese and pouring the creamy tomato soup into an oversized mug, Rose and Emmett walked in.

“Hey, guys,” I said. “I was just making Edward a snack. Obviously, today has been a cluster.” I picked up the plates and moved toward the bedroom.

“Unfortunately, the clusterfuck is about to get even more fucked up,” Emmett muttered his breath.
I looked at him, glaring at him. “What do you mean?” I asked, trying to keep my voice even.

“You can’t not tell her, Emmett,” Rose said, arching a brow.

“Sooooooo,” he hedged, running his hand through his cropped hair. “We did the search on Esme’s office and found a lot of damning evidence.”

“That’s good news,” I said, my stomach churning.

“It would be great news if a newbie patrol cop hadn’t fucking lost her,” Emmett snarled. “We went to formalize her arrest and she was gone. All of the employees were placed in a conference room. Esme Platt was not in that fucking room.”

The tray of food fell from my hands and I let out a god awful screech, clawing my hands into my hair. “ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! HOW THE FUCK DID SHE GET OUT?!” I screamed, running toward Emmett and slapping at his arms. He covered his face as I wailed on him. I was angry, livid at him, at the cop, at fucking Bitchme. I felt a pair of arms around my waist, dragging me away from a cowering Emmett. We slipped onto the floor and were both covered in tomato soup. I glared at Emmett with ire and loathing.

Bellisima,” Edward said soothingly. “Breathe.”

“Emmett, tell Edward what you told me,” I sneered. “You’re supposed to protect him from her, Detective McCarty!”

“I’m sorry! I thought she was under control with Officer Maruzek,” Emmett frowned. “All of the employees, really. He’s one of the best on the force.”

“Apparently not, unless he’s under her influence,” I spat.

“Esme got away?” Edward asked quietly as he held me in his lap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment