Wednesday, December 9, 2015

So You Think You Can Dance Teaser

After the craziness of the holidays, I spent the next week sitting on my ass, watching television and being a bum. On New Year’s Eve, I was watching some inane movie when my phone rang. Picking it up, I greeted my doorman. “You have two visitors, Mr. Cullen. An Alistair Sims and Carmen Santiago?”
“Oh, wow. Send them up,” I said. I got up from my couch and picked up the few things I had laying around. Changing into a button-down, I waited for them to knock on the door. It wasn’t long. Opening the door, I was surprised to see Alistair and Carmen on my doorstep. “Shouldn’t you be celebrating the new year?” I asked, smiling crookedly.
“We could ask the same thing. You’re young and should be out kissing some cute girl,” Carmen laughed, breezing into my condo. “Very nice, Edward.”
“Thank you,” I blushed. “My grandparents on my mom’s side left me a sizable inheritance and I bought this place once I graduated from college.”
“What did you major in, Edward?” Alistair asked, looking at the photos on the mantle.
“Business Administration. Before the show, I danced somewhat professionally and I helped my mom with her studio. When she retires, she told me that I was taking it over. I’d like to know what the hell I’m doing,” I snickered. “I know that I’m not going to be dancing forever. I want to have a plan to fall back on. You know?” Carmen nodded, smiling softly. Alistair just kept staring at my photos. “Is everything okay?” I asked.
“Everything is great,” Alistair finally responded. “We’re here to talk to you about a few things, actually. Auditions are starting up in a week and this is the first stop.”
“Oh, I didn’t know that Chicago was one of the audition cities,” I said. “Where are my manners? I’m sorry. Do either of you want something to drink? I can make coffee or perhaps something stronger?”
“Since it’s New Year’s Eve, do you have any wine or sparkling wine?” Carmen asked, her brown eyes twinkling.
“I think I do,” I said, getting up and opening up a bottle that my mom had placed in my fridge. I poured us three glasses and carried them into my living room. They were sitting on my couch. Handing them the sparkling wine, I clinked my glass with theirs. “Happy New Year.”
“Yes, happy New Year,” Alistair smiled, sipping his wine.
“A very happy New Year,” Carmen breathed. She placed her wine glass on the table. “Have you recovered from the tour?”
“Mostly. My calf muscle is a bit tight at times, but I’ve been working with a physical therapist to loosen it up with massages and some simple exercises,” I said. “I should be back on the dance floor in a couple of weeks.”
Carmen and Alistair shared a look. “Do you think you could be ready by next week?” Alistair asked.
“What? Why?” I replied.
“Edward, we’d like you to join the SYTYCD team,” Carmen said. 


Edward Cullen

Alistair Simms

Carmen Santiago



Edward's Condo















No comments:

Post a Comment