Saturday, November 21, 2015

Star Crossed Update

Star Crossed Chapter Twenty-Four Update on FicPad

Star Crossed Chapter Twenty-Four Update on TWCS

Star Crossed Chapter Twenty-Four Update on AO3

Star Crossed Chapter Twenty-Four Update on FFn

Edward ended his communication with his father, scrubbing his face. I rolled over, frowning at this unwelcomed turn of events. “This will never end, will it?” I muttered.

“Oh, it’s going to end. Perhaps, a face-to-face conversation with the Reman Ambassador will be our best ally,” Edward said, getting up and out of bed. He was gloriously naked. Despite our voracious need for each other, seeing him without any clothing and walking so comfortably in his apartment made me want him again. However, I put a lid on those desires. My mate was stressing out over this meeting and unrealistic time frame to get to said meeting with the Reman Ambassador. When he came back, he dressed in his Imperial attire. “We need to go, Fíorghrá. I’m sorry. I know we were supposed to have dinner with Elizabeth and Charanel today, but in order to get to the planet, Remus, we have to depart now.”

I got up out of the bed, walking over to my frazzled mate. “We will get through this, ti’ane,” I soothed, running my fingers through his disheveled hair. “Compared to the long-standing war and ending battle, a conversation is nothing.”

“It is not as physically taxing, but mentally and emotionally? It’s far worse,” Edward said. “Trying to reach and accommodate both sides is the struggle. My father said that he would send up his conversation with the Reman Ambassador, along with any intel Galaxy Fleet Intelligence had acquired from any previous interactions. You go shower and get dressed while I have our belongings transported aboard the Cygnarus.

“Edward,” I murmured, taking his handsome face into my hands, “we will get past this. I have to no doubts in your abilities as a diplomat or as emperor.”

“Thank you, Bella,” he whispered, brushing his lips with mine. “I wish I had an ounce of your confidence in me to complete this. I was just waiting for the other shoe to fall and this is it, I guess.”

“Both of your shoes are on your feet, Edward,” I said, confused by his statement. Some of the human comments he made confused me. His way of speaking was colorful and used a lot of comparison, most of which I didn’t understand since it was a cultural thing.

He chuckled, pulling my naked body closer to his. “It’s a metaphor. Pretty much, I was anxious that something bad was going to happen and it did, with these negotiations with the Remans and Alliance.” His hands moved to my behind, cupping the curve of my butt. “You need to get dressed before I tell the Remans to go stuff it; that the peace talks are off because I need you so much. You are entirely too tempting standing here, naked in my arms.” He massaged my behind and his fingers dipped between my lower lips. “And wet, too? Nirabelle …” He removed his hands from my lower body, gliding them up to my shoulders. He gently pushed me into the bathroom. With a shattered look, he closed the door. You better be dressed by the time I’m done with the bags, Nirabelle.

Yes, Emperor, I purred, giggling quietly. He groaned. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment