Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Surviving the Teenage Dream Teaser

He had balls kidnapping us in broad daylight. “Drive, bitch.”

“Yes, Master Jacob,” Mackenzie said woodenly. The glare left her eyes and now they were effectively dead. My eyes widened as she peeled out of the parking lot, getting onto the highway.

I looked up at Casey. He was scowling at us, the gun pointed directly at Kyra. “You can put that down. Jacob said that we get to breathe for another day,” I snapped.

“Jacob did, but I have the gun,” he chuckled darkly, cocking the hammer. “You fucking rich bitch. You think you’re so special.”

“That’s because I am,” I laughed haughtily. “Why else would Jacob want me? Why I’m married to a CEO of a Fortune Five Hundred Company?”

“That! That’s why I couldn’t take it anymore. You and your fucking brats are so fucking entitled,” Casey snarled. “I ran into Jacob when I was running an inane errand for you or Edward. He told me how you broke his heart, leading him on and then dumping him for your geeky, awful husband.”

“And you believed him?” Alice asked.

“Yeah,” Casey snapped. “Jacob loves you, Bella. For whatever reason, he loves you and he’ll treat you good.”

“Right, kidnapping me in broad daylight, holding my daughter, sister, and niece at gun point, stalking my family for almost a year, taking away our freedoms,” I spat.

“Bullshit,” Casey snorted humorlessly. “You had as many freedoms as you wanted. You worked all of us to fucking bone. We all were at your beckoned call. We had to babysit your ungrateful children, chauffeur you to wherever you needed to go, put your mind at ease and molly coddle you. You and your loser husband are weak, insignificant and entitled. Your children are bratty, ungrateful and like you, entitled. Every day that I worked for you, I felt like I was going to hell and selling out for bowing to your will. I was so over your whining, your crying and your crap that I sought him out. It wasn’t that hard to find him. The cops were really stupid. He wasn’t that far from you, really.”

“Foreclosed houses are so easy to target,” Jacob chuckled, turning to look at me. “I’ve been living in the house in the corner since March. It was nice to live in such an elegant home, even if it had no electricity, water or furniture. The inside no longer looks as fancy as before since I had to eat and have heat somehow. Casey provided me with solid intelligence about your life, Isabella.”

“And I got to Oliver, too,” Casey snickered. He and Jacob pounded their fists.

“You didn’t,” I breathed. “He better be okay!”

“I didn’t kill him,” Casey said thoughtfully. “That would have been pretty obvious in the middle of a crowded restaurant. He’s just going to have one hell of a headache.”


“You had a silencer,” Jacob said, waggling his brows. “You could have killed him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment