Monday, May 25, 2015

Surviving the Teenage Dream Update

Surviving the Teenage Dream on FicPad

Surviving the Teenage Dream on TWCS

Surviving the Teenage Dream on AO3

Surviving the Teenage Dream on FFn

“Alice, lunch is on me,” I said, reaching into my wallet. “You’ve done so much for Kyra in furnishing her entire condo. I can pay for a $200 meal.”

“I won’t argue about that,” Alice snickered, enjoying her dessert. We had split a massive piece of cheesecake at the restaurant, Cooper’s Hawk. Kyra picked at her dessert and honestly, her whole meal, nervous about meeting her therapist, Maureen, but for the most part had been animated and personable. She was still afraid of her own shadow, but put on a mask for Alice and Gianna, mainly Gianna. Alice’s daughter had enough on her plate than to know about my psycho ex-boyfriend and the fact that he was on the prowl to seriously maim me and my family. We had shielded her from that, thank you very much. “It’s a shame that Oliver didn’t want to join us. When do those guys eat?”

I rolled my eyes. “He’s in here, but at the bar. He didn’t want to intrude on our girly time,” I snickered, brushing Kyra’s hair back from her face. My daughter sighed, leaning into my hand as she plucked a raspberry off the plate and tossed it into her mouth. “We should probably get going, though. Kyra’s appointment is in downtown Naperville and you never know how traffic is going to be.”

“True,” Alice smirked. “Gianna, do you want to go shopping with me? Perhaps get some new clothes? Nana said that your clothes are getting too short because you’re growing so fast, my love. At this rate, you’re going to be taller than your dad.”

“Are you sure? I don’t want to bother you, Mom,” Gianna said quietly, her voice unsure.

“You’re never a bother, sweetie. I’m sorry that you ever felt that way. I never meant to hurt you like that,” Alice said quietly, trying to calm her daughter. “I love you and Adam. You two are my whole world. I will do everything in my power to make sure that you remember that.”

“I love you, too, Mom,” Gianna replied, hugging Alice and crying softly. As they talked quietly, I flagged down the server, paying our tab and sending a text to Oliver, saying we were ready to go. Normally, Oliver texted back, but he didn’t. I shrugged it off. He was probably in the bathroom. I shrugged it off and we gathered our doggie bags, heading to the front of the restaurant. I texted Oliver again, but he didn’t respond. I scowled at my cell phone. What’s going on? Is he taking a dump?

“Mom, Gianna and I are going to go outside. It’s really cold in here,” Kyra said, her pale skin covered with goose bumps.


“Okay, sweetheart.” I watched as she stepped outside. Turning to Alice, “I’m going to try calling Oliver,” I said, stepping into the private dining room that was unoccupied. Gianna and Kyra stepped outside. Alice was waiting in the lobby of the restaurant, looking at the various wines they had for sale. She liked the Sangiovese she had with her lunch. I dialed Oliver’s number.  Oliver’s phone rang, but he didn’t pick up. What the hell? Why won’t he answer? Something is up. 

White Van

Jacob

Casey's grandparent's farmhouse

Whitlock Technologies newest acquistion

No comments:

Post a Comment