Monday, July 28, 2014

Starlet Teaser

When I woke up again, I felt a warm cloth on my face. Opening my eyes, I saw Victoria. I jumped, trying to get away from her. “Edward, stop,” she chided.

“You’re working with them,” I snapped.

“No. No, I’m not,” she said, her eyes filled with sadness. “I’m here, yes, but…I’m trying to help you.”

“Bull shit,” I growled. “You were there that night when Bella was attacked. You were an active participant.”

“I was higher than a kite and strung out on coke,” she argued. “I’ve seen them lose it. It’s some scary shit.”

“Why should I believe you?” I asked, narrowing my eyes. “How can I know that you’re not part of their plan? Their ruse?”

“You don’t but I assure you, I’m not. Look, I know what they’re planning. I’m just a piece of furniture to them now. They only use me when they need to fuck,” she said, her eyes glazing over. “I take it and then I resume my usual cowering. They think that they broke me. In a way, they did, but not enough for me to roll over and pretend that this shit that they’re doing is horrifically wrong. They’re all asleep and so I wanted to check on you. On her.”

“Is she okay? Bella is sick. She’s got an upper respiratory infection and she was running a fever,” I said, shooting a glance at my wife.

“She’s still running a fever but I gave her some ibuprofen. She’s really out of it. They clocked her really hard when she woke up and Royce…he gave her twice the dosage of the sedative. She’s going to be down for at least two to three days,” Victoria frowned.

“Again, why should I believe you?” I asked.

“Because, I know you have a gun in your boot. Because I know that in five days, Royce, James and Jacob are planning on fucking every hole that your wife has before slicing her into little bitty pieces. Because I want to redeem myself from that bad shit that I did. Because what they’re doing is…you have to trust me, Edward,” she cried, her face crumbling. “I’ll do all that I can.”

“So, you know what their plan is. What are you going to do to stop it?” I asked.

“I have the key to your handcuffs,” she replied. “You have to stay tethered to this bed until I unlock them.” She pulled a small key from her bra. “When you are free, you need to take her and run. Get the fuck out of here.” She shuddered. “I’m calling the cops in three days. Don’t eat or drink anything they give you. It’s laced with medication that will make you sleep. I’ll try to slip you something that isn’t…Just trust me.”

“I don’t, but I have no other choice,” I said coldly. She nodded. Reaching into her bag, she fed me a sandwich and some water. When she finished with me, she gave Bella some medicine and water, which was a struggle since she was so loopy. Victoria looked at me sadly before ducking out of the room, locking the door.


I fell back on the bed, staring at the water stained ceiling. I didn’t know where we were. I had no way of contacting anyone. My wife was looking like death and I had to put my blind faith into a psychopath who originally helped in Bella’s attack. Huffing out a breath, I decided that I had no other choice but to trust in Victoria that she would help us. That we would get out of this. I just prayed that this abduction won’t completely shatter my wife’s already fragile psyche.

No comments:

Post a Comment