Sunday, March 2, 2014

La Cantante Repost

La Cantante on TWCS

La Cantante on AO3

La Cantante on FicPad



I woke up early on Christmas day. I wanted to surprise Emmett and Charlie with a breakfast feast. I padded down the stairs and quietly moved through the kitchen. I grabbed eggs, bacon, cheese, hash browns and some bread. I scrambled the eggs and pulled out a huge frying pan. I placed the bacon into the pan and let it cook. I also grabbed some breakfast sausages from the bag of the fridge and put them in the pan as well. As the breakfast meat was cooking, I sent a text to Edward.

Merry Christmas, handsome. I wasn’t sure if you were available, but I wanted wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. I miss you – B

I put the phone on the kitchen counter when Edward didn’t respond right away. He would text when he was available. As the bacon and sausage finished cooking, I put it on a plate with some paper towels on top to absorb the grease. I heard some footsteps above me and I knew that one of the boys was up. I flipped on the coffee maker and put the scrambled eggs into the frying pan. As I did so, my phone beeped.

I’m committing a cardinal sin, texting in church, beautiful girl. If I go to hell, it’ll be your fault. I miss you so much more. Merry Christmas – E

If you’re going to hell, then I’ll be there with you. We’ll be in good company – B

Charlie came into the kitchen and he kissed my head. “Morning, Bells. Merry Christmas.”

“Good morning, Dad. Merry Christmas to you too,” I said giving him a hug.

“Tell Edward ‘Merry Christmas’ for me,” Charlie said with a grin.

Edward, my dad says Merry Christmas – B

Merry Christmas, Charlie! – E

“Edward returns the sentiment, Dad,” I chuckled. I held up the phone and showed him the text, along with the Christmas Tree icon he sent along with the text.
 
Charlie chuckled and shook his head. He made himself a cup of coffee and sat down at the kitchen table. He pilfered a piece of bacon as he was walking past the plate. I swatted his hands away before he could get more. I added the cheese to the eggs and plated up some for Charlie and me. Emmett would have to suffer through a cold breakfast if he didn’t get down here soon enough. Charlie and I ate our breakfast in silence, save for the holiday music I had playing on my iPod. As we were almost finished, Emmett lumbered down the stairs and helped himself to breakfast. I told him that he was responsible for doing the dishes. He complained, but Charlie said that the last person up had dish duty for the entire day. Emmett rolled his eyes and began working on the pots and pans from breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment