Friday, February 28, 2014

Daddy's Little Princess Teaser



Edward and I went to the doctor the following week. The baby’s conception was two weeks prior to our trip to Italy. We shared a look, knowing that our newest addition was conceived in our swimming pool. I had just passed into the second trimester and the changes in my body were quite abundant. I had a noticeable baby bump when I was naked. I could get away with wearing my jeans if I didn’t button them, but I knew that I had to dig out my old maternity clothes.

Oh, wait, I had given most of them to Rose.

A reason to go shopping.

By the time Halloween rolled around, I was definitely showing, but Bethy was blissfully ignorant. She thought I had just gotten fat. Edward and I were going to tell her that in my belly I had a little brother or sister for her that would be born around Valentine’s Day. I made all of Bethy’s favorite foods and we sat down at the dinner table. Bethy was chattering on about the Halloween parade from earlier in the week. Edward had taken the morning off so he could see her march in it as Elsa from Frozen.

“…Haley said that my costume was the best. It was hand made by Mommy and the wig was soooo awesome! Can I dye my hair blonde?” Bethy asked.

“No, Bethy,” Edward said, arching a brow at our daughter. “You’re six. Going to be seven in a month. I’m thirty-five and I don’t dye my hair.”

“And you totally rock that distinguished salt and pepper at the temples,” I smirked.
“Hush. I do not have gray hair,” Edward hissed. Nervously, he ran a hand through his unruly bronze mop. He really didn’t have much gray hair, only some mixed in his thick tresses. I honestly had more than him, but mine was more apparent because my hair was so dark. But, unlike my sexy hubby, I did dye my hair.

“Daddy, can I go watch Frozen again?” Bethy asked, pushing her empty plate away.

“Not yet, Princess,” Edward replied, holding his arms out for our daughter. Bethy scrambled into Edward’s lap and she played with the buttons of his shirt. “Look at Mommy, Bethy. Isn’t she beautiful?”

“She looks like Belle from Beauty and the Beast,” Bethy smiled, looking up at her father in awe.

“Do you notice something else about Mommy?” Edward asked, running his hands through our daughter’s hair. “Look at her belly.”

“I don’t want to stare. It’s big,” Bethy whispered, blushing crimson. I chuckled rubbing my hand on my rounded stomach. “Did you swallow a beach ball, Mommy?”

“No, principessa,” I answered. “In my belly, there’s a baby. Around Valentine’s Day, you’ll have a little brother or sister. Someone that you can show the ropes to, love unconditionally and protect.”

Bethy stared at my stomach, her face falling and a scowl forming on her face. “I don’t want a baby brother or sister. I like it just the way we are. Mommy, Daddy and me.” She tried hop off Edward’s lap, but he banded his arms around her waist.

“Bethy, that wasn’t nice. And this isn’t a decision that you can make,” Edward scolded. “Mommy and Daddy love each other and we’re having another baby. You’re going to have a lot of responsibilities as a big sister.”

“I don’t want them,” Bethy glowered, shoving out of Edward’s arms and running up the stairs. “I don’t want a brother or sister!” Her door slammed and the walls rattled.

“Wow, she’s really acting like a spoiled princess,” I snorted derisively.

“We’ve just caused an upheaval in her world, Bella. Now, it doesn’t excuse her behavior, but she is entitled to have some sort of feelings, be upset about it,” Edward sighed. He pinched his nose, leaning forward with his elbows on the table. “It’s not like you’re going to stop being pregnant, Bella. We’re having this baby, regardless if Bethy wants it or not.”

“She’s got until Valentine’s Day to get used to the idea,” I said, getting up and sitting down on Edward’s lap. “We need to punish her for the way she acted, though.”

“No television for a week and she can’t have any friends over for two,” Edward suggested. I nodded. “Do you want to be bad cop or me?”
 
“I’ll do it. You have to deal with real criminals all day. I can handle our six year old,” I snorted.


If you want more, please consider donating for the compilation for Fandom Against Juvenile Diabetes.  You have until April 4th to donate. It's a worthwhile cause. Please help us out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment