Monday, January 27, 2014

Surviving the Teenage Dream Update

Surviving the Teenage Dream on FicPad

Surviving the Teenage Dream on AO3

Survivng the Teenage Dream on TWCS



I sat on the couch, twisting my ring and watching as my parents began to comprehend what I had said. Using my father’s money, I had willingly helped Mackenzie end the life of her unborn child.

“So, let me try and understand what you just said,” my mom said. “Mackenzie got pregnant by her ex-boyfriend and you helped pay for the abortion?”

“Kimmie and I chipped in the most,” I mumbled. “Madelyn made the appointment and pretended to be Mackenzie’s mother at the appointment. It was stupid, I know…”

“Kyra, you know how we feel about abortions,” Mom said, frowning deeply.

“I know,” I muttered. “But, at the time, it made sense. Mackenzie was desperate and unable to pay for it herself. Phillip told her to take care of it and said that he wouldn’t even acknowledge that he was the baby’s father.”

My family is very liberal and understanding in most aspects except abortions. Mom was pro-choice, but that’s because it was her belief that it was a woman’s right to choose. Dad was very much pro-life as was Aunt Alice and Uncle Jasper. Since they had struggled with having children, unable to conceive their own, they hated the mere idea of abortion. Dad was in the same mindset. Personally, I knew that I would never get one. I hated being a part of Mackenzie’s choice, but what’s done is done. Even though I had helped end her baby’s life, she was determined to make my life hell.

However, I could take her hateful words and scathing comments. The look of utter disappointment in my dad’s eyes, it shattered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment