Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Starlet Recap

“Alice sat down and calmly said that it’s always darkest before dawn.”
That’s what Carlisle said, too,” I murmured.

“She also said that the sun was rising for us and that we are on the mend,” she cried quietly, rubbing her thumbs along my jaw. “But, I do want to get into our house. I want to decorate it and move in with you. I also want to get better. That’s why I asked to go to the doctor today. I was put on Zoloft and Ativan. I take both in the morning. If these don’t work, the doctor has a couple of other options. But, based off my symptoms and what happened to me, Dr. Rickert feels that is a good place to start.”

“That’s great, Bella,” I said, hugging her to my chest. She sighed, threading her hands into my hair.

“I do miss us, too,” she cried softly into my neck. “I miss feeling you touch me and shower me with your love. I miss touching you and making you feel good. I miss our friendship. I miss everything about our relationship. I want it back, but that’s what’s scaring me. I don’t know how to get over these feelings of disgust. Dr. Myerson gave me a name of another therapist who specializes in rape counseling. I’m meeting with her tomorrow. I want everything with you. I truly do. I just pray that you are willing to be patient with me for a little while longer as I try to get my head on straight.”

“Bella, I’m not going anywhere. I’m sorry that I acted like an ass today…”I said, brushing my thumbs under her eyes.

“You had every right to. After hearing why you lost it, it makes perfect sense. You really wanted to propose?” she asked, her voice unsure.

“I still do,” I answered, pressing my forehead to hers. I took a breath and kissed her lips softly. “Don’t go anywhere.”

“What are you doing?” she asked as I darted into my room. I opened up my nightstand drawer and plucked out her ring.

“I’m doing what I should have done a long time ago,” I said, falling to my knee. Her eyes widened. “Isabella Swan, I love you with all of my heart and that will never change.” I took her hand and pressed it to my bare chest where my heart was stammering against my ribs. “You are my best friend and the strongest woman I 
know.”

“Doubtful,” she grumped. “I should be there for you, Edward. I’ve been too busy wallowing in my own issues to realize yours…”

“Hush up so I can finish asking you to marry me,” I chuckled. “Alice and Uncle C were right, it is darkest before dawn, but without the darkness, you’d miss the sunrise. Share every sunrise with me, Bella? Marry me?” I opened up the engagement ring, holding it up to her, waiting for her response.

She stared at me for a long time, tears falling down her cheeks. I was afraid that she was going to say no. Hell, it wasn’t the most romantic or glamorous proposal, but after everything that happened today, I needed that sunrise. “Bella?” I asked.

“Yes,” she replied, looking into my eyes.

“Really? Yes?” I asked, shocked at her response.

“Yes,” she squealed, throwing her arms around me. I scooped her up and hugged her closely. I pulled back, pressing my lips to hers. It was a chaste kiss but I could feel Bella’s love through it. She sighed against my mouth before giving me a smirk. “Do I get the ring?”

“Oh, right,” I chuckled sheepishly. I nervously took out the ring and pushed it onto her left hand. “We have our sunrise, right here, baby. My dolcezza.

“The first of many, Edward,” she replied, looking up at me. “I do love you, very much. I’m sorry for not being your rock…”

“It’s in the past and now we know,” I said, as I held her to my body.

“Now we know and we’ll learn from it,” she said. I gently guided her into my room and we fell into bed. We lay and stared at each other for the entire night. Just as dawn’s sunbeams began to breach the horizon, we grew tired.

“I love you, Bella,” I whispered, kissing her softly.

“I love you, too,” she replied sleepily. “First sunrise of the rest of our lives, Edward.”


“The first of many.”


No comments:

Post a Comment