Friday, September 27, 2013

The Next Chapter Update

Chapter Twenty-Three on FFn

Chapter Twenty-Three on TWCS

The Next Chapter on FictionPad

"Is it bad that I don't want to go to the christening?" Edward grumped as he worked on his tie. 
"Because, I really don't want to go. I love Rose, Emmett and baby Meredith, but I just want to enjoy a quiet day with my family since we haven't had many of them."

"I know," I said, my voice sullen and distant. "I'm with you."

"So, we can stay home?" Edward asked, giving me a hopeful smile.

"We're the godparents, Edward," I deadpanned. "We have to be there."

"Damn it," he frowned, plopping down on the bed. It was the afternoon of Meredith's baptism. School had just let out and this was the first weekend of summer vacation. It had been two weeks since Renee contacted Edward about the $10 million dollars. We hadn't heard boo since he went on his diatribe to Detective Sanchez. Perhaps she gave up on this little venture, she got caught or she 
got ran over by a combine, then sent into the wood chipper for good measure. One could hope.

God, that was awful. I'm thinking this shit about my mother.

Well, not my mother. She bore me but she is not my mother. She's a bitch who only wants money, her claws in my husband and to ruin my life with her lies, manipulations and bullshit.

"Can you check on the kids while I try and make something work of my hair?" I asked my husband.

"Seriously, pjs, ponytail and cuddling, that's what works for me," Edward sighed. "Outfits were already out, right?"

"Yeah. Though, David might fight you on his clip-on tie," I snorted, twisting my hair up.

"I'd fight me with a clip-on tie," Edward snorted. "Don't torture the poor kid. Put him in a vest or something. Not a tie. It's a million degrees out."

"God, you're like the kids with the griping and moaning," I laughed. "It's not a million degrees. It's eighty-two with a touch of humidity."

"Wearing a suit," he said, gesturing to his designer Prada suit. He pointed to me. "Cute, sexy sundress. Hot as fuck." Again gesturing to his suit. With a naughty gleam in his eyes, "Hot as sin." He stalked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, spinning me. He kissed me deeply, cupping my face with his large hand. It felt stilted.































No comments:

Post a Comment