Monday, September 16, 2013

Angels and Monsters Recap

“I should be with him,” I muttered, looking longingly south, back toward Chicago.

“Don’t,” Rose warned. She tugged on my arm, guiding back toward Whitefish Bay. “You don’t want to hear his screams.”

“It’s bad, isn’t it?” I whispered as we ran back to Esme’s house.

“Imagine what you felt in your leg times a thousand,” Rose grumbled. “It’s like going through the change again, but amplified for a short amount of time. Six vampires are injecting your husband with their venom to replenish what he lost and heal his wounds.”

“It should be me,” I growled possessively. The hollow feeling in my chest deepened and I started to change my course. Rose stepped in front of me, pressing her hand to my chest. “Fuck! Rose, let me go!”

“No,” she said harshly. Her phone beeped. She pulled it out of her jean pocket and she smirked. 
“It’s done and they are working on getting Edward to hunt. He’s very weak and needs the boys to get his kill. They are just outside of Wisconsin, in a forest preserve. When they get something in Edward, you will need to take him up north to get some carnivorous blood.” Her phone beeped again. “And bond with your mate,” she snorted.

“How long until they get here?” I asked, picking at my venom covered clothes, plus the feeling of disgust and filth from James’ hands on me filtered through my brain.

“About an hour. You’ll have time to shower,” Rose replied, leading me back to the house. We got into the house and I went directly into the bathroom, stripping off my ruined clothes and tossing them into the garbage. As I stepped under the hot spray, everything from tonight hit me.


Hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment