Friday, August 9, 2013

Starlet Update

Chapter Eighteen on FFn

Recovery on AO3

Recovery on TWCS

Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
What an obnoxious sound…someone turn off the alarm!
Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
Beep.
“Doctor, she’s coming to,” came a soft woman’s voice.
“Miss Swan, can you open your eyes for me?” asked another woman, whose voice was huskier and rougher.
Not really. I like the dark. It makes my head stop hurting.
“Miss Swan, please?” the rougher voice pleaded.
Ugh, fine. My eyes fluttered. It felt like I was trying to peel back dry skin off my eyes. It was foul and I didn’t want to do it. Seriously, the dark was amazing. However, the doctor was relentless in her pleas. After fifty-seven beeps, my eyes finally opened only to be shut immediately. It was too fucking bright in here. There was some bustling and then I heard the voice again. “It’s darker, Miss Swan. Can you try again?”
Thirty-three beeps later, I pried my eyes open and saw two figures in the dim room. My heart began racing and I wanted to run. “Miss Swan, please calm down. You’re safe,” said the first voice. She took my hand and she came into focus. She was a nurse. “Breathe slowly, sweetie.”


No comments:

Post a Comment