Saturday, March 23, 2013

La Cantante Repost

Chapter Twenty on FFn

Police Report and the Aftermath on TWCS

Police Report and the Aftermath on AO3


I stared at the pictures in my hands. They were obviously taken with a telephoto lens. There were pictures of Bella and me around campus, laughing, kissing, hugging…The one picture with my face crossed off and stating “dead” scared me. Terrified me. Not that I feared for my own life, I did, but I feared for Bella’s. This was personal. Whoever was sending these pictures was trying to scare my girl. Suffice it to say, the trembling woman on my couch, is a pretty clear-cut indicator that she was scared.
I got up from the couch and gathered my keys and the pictures. I crouched in front of Bella who was sobbing against Emmett’s chest. “Bella, did you erase the email you got?” I asked.
“Nnnnnnn…no. It’s still open on my laptop,” she whimpered, clutching at her brother. He woodenly comforted her but I could tell that he was seething underneath his otherwise calm exterior.
“Come on, beautiful. Let’s get your laptop and we’re going to the police. Do you have that copy of the restraining order against Jacob with you?” I continued, reaching for her hand. She got up and collapsed against me. I held her tightly as she cried quietly.
“It’s in my desk,” was her muffled reply to my question. I nodded, kissing her head.
“I’m coming with you guys,” Emmett said as he went to grab his jacket.


No comments:

Post a Comment