Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Starlet Teaser


I was a little tired and sore in my own right. I could only imagine what Bella was feeling with our marathon love-making. Mentally, I berated myself for being so selfish. I should have taken all of this into account before…

“Edward, stop,” Bella growled. I turned and saw her standing at the door, wearing one of my t-shirts. Her brown hair was wet and hanging around her face. She climbed onto the washing machine, taking my fairly scruffy face in her hands. “I can see you beating yourself up. I’m fine. We’re fine. None of this drama…I love you and I’d do it again in a heartbeat, love.”

“I’m selfish, Bella,” I muttered.

“No, you’re in pain and you needed reassurance. Reassurance that I was more than willing to give,” Bella cooed, kissing my lips sweetly. I let out a sigh, relishing her love. She smelled clean, warm and girly. My cock twitched in my shorts but I quickly put the kibosh on that. “We’re a team, Edward. I love you and I would do anything for you to make sure that you stay happy. Anything. Nothing will ever change that. You were there for me with the whole Jacob/James thing. Now, it’s my turn to return the favor.”

“The Jacob/James thing was highly illegal and you got hurt,” I snarled, remember the vacant look in Bella’s eyes when I picked her up at the police station. “They fucking touched you without your permission, dolcezza. At that point in time, it was my job as your bodyguard to ensure your safety and I failed you.”

“No, you didn’t,” she snapped. “Jacob and James…they, they are monsters. Jacob said that you weren’t needed and I believed him. Little did I know of his plans, but that’s not your fault, Edward. It’ll never be your fault, Edward. If anything, it was my fault and I should have left when I felt threatened, after Jacob hit me. I didn’t because Jacob threatened outing my less-than-stellar reputation.”

I frowned, pissed off at the violence against my girl. I should have been there. Unfortunately, you can’t change the past. You can only learn from it. I opened my mouth, wanting to apologize but Bella covered it with her hand. “You apologize and I’ll kick your ass, Masen. The only words I want to hear from you right now is ‘I love you’ and ‘I’m going to shower because I smell like ass.’”

I snorted behind her hand, removing it. “Subtle, Bella,” I chuckled.

“What? You do,” she giggled, plugging her nose. “Like sex, sweat and something else. It’s not entirely pleasant, Edward. That’s why I showered. I could smell my nasty ass and that’s just gross. I’m saying this out of love but go shower. Like, now!”

“Sure, sure,” I snickered. She kissed me deeply before pushing me away from her body. I walked to the edge of the laundry room, turning just before I left. “Bella, I am sorry about what happened with Jacob and James. I’m also sorry about the past couple of days.”

“Don’t be,” she said softly, giving me a loving look. “I get it. Probably more than most. Seriously, though…”

“Shower,” I chuckled. “Got it. I’m a smelly dude.”

No comments:

Post a Comment