Sunday, February 3, 2013

A Ilha do Amor Teaser


“Unless you’re dying, I’m hanging up,” Angela croaked.

“Nice to talk to you too, Ang,” I snorted.

“Do you know what time it is?” she whined. “It’s two in the fucking morning.”

“Come on…it’s not like you’re working today. It’s July Fourth,” I whined back. “I need you. Please, Ang. I need you so badly. You’re my best friend and I’m…”

“Okay, okay. Give me a second. Ben’s poking me and pointing to the door. Apparently, we’re being loud.” I listened to her speak quietly to bed and some shuffling. “Shoot, Swan.”

“I’ve found the love of my life,” I blurted out, all hopes of easing Angela into this conversation blown with my uncontrollable bout of word vomit.

“Bitch, say what?” Angela laughed.

“At the resort, I met a guy. He’s the one. You know, the ONE!

“Yes, I know the one. I married mine. Is a ‘native?’” Angela asked.

“No. He’s American and works at the resort,” I explained.

“Start at the beginning, Bella,” Angela said. “You’re not really making sense. Or maybe, my brain is still asleep.”

I took a deep breath and began my story from the beginning. Angela listened quietly, asking questions for clarification but for the most part, was pretty quiet. After I explained my feelings, I waited for Angela’s response, only to be greeted with snores. “ANGELA! Wake up!”

“I’m up. Sorry,” she yawned.

“What did I say?”

“You met this girl, Alice, who is the daughter of the owners of the resort. You become friends and stay with her. Then, you meet her man-whore of a brother and are drawn to him. You ignore him for the most part until the night of some nasty-ass storm where you spend the night. You talk and walls get broken down. Long story short is that you finally see him and you love him. Yeah?”

“Pretty much,” I grumbled.

“So, why are you calling me at two in the morning?” she asked, again stifling a yawn.

“What should I do? I don’t want to leave,” I whimpered. “I’m physically sick about the prospect of leaving tomorrow, Ang. Help me. You’re smart and shit.”

“Bella, this is your call. Now, you can’t just stay on the island. Not right now. You’ve got commitments and such that you need to attend to,” Angela explained. “What about your job? Apartment? Fallout of the wedding fiasco?”

“I’m coming home, now, Angela. It’s just that…I don’t know if my home is home anymore,” I said, resting my head on my knees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment