Sunday, November 11, 2012

A Prescription for Love Teaser


“Edward? A word?” he asked.

“Yeah?”

“I just got an email from Marcus and Eleazar regarding our favorite trauma surgeon,” he said. “There’s been a formal investigation opened on him stealing drugs from the locker.”

“Good,” I said coldly. “Did you know how much he took?”

“There six vials of saline solution masked as morphine and Percocet plus ten demoral patches taken from the drug locker that were not prescribed,” Carlisle said. “You and Alice are going to be meeting with Marcus and Eleazar first thing Monday morning. As far as I’m concerned, Dr. Black is no longer a member of our staff at Cook County. I do not trust him.”

“Me neither,” I said. “However, he got the locker key from someone. He was denied access, Dad.”

“We’ll have to get him to point out his accomplice,” Carlisle said, pursing his lips. “How is the question?”

“And you ponder that while I go run some errands,” I said as I hopped up.

“Edward, you brought this accusation against Jacob,” Carlisle said sternly.

“I know, Dad. But, I don’t have time to talk about it NOW. I’m not working. Neither are you,” I said, 
mimicking his voice. “I’ve got a big date to plan and a girl that I want to spend my life with.”

“You’re proposing?” he asked, giving me a crooked grin.

“Not yet, but soon, Dad. I am ‘promising’ her that I will propose with a promise ring. I have to get it cleaned 
before our date on the Odyssey tomorrow,” I explained.

“Okay,” he chuckled. “I’m glad that you and Bella have found each other. She’s an amazing nurse and such a beautiful girl.”

“She is, Dad. But back off. That’s my girlfriend you’re drooling over,” I quipped. He held up his hands defensively, laughing loudly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment