Monday, November 12, 2012

A Ilha do Amor Teaser


Gently, she kissed my nose. “Don’t move, baby. I’ve got your cake and your last present.”

“You in a bow?”

“It’s under the dress, but no,” she shouted over her shoulder. “I’ll be right back.” She jogged away, her hair swishing along her bare back. I closed my eyes for a moment, allowing the happiness I felt to further permeate into my soul. It wasn’t until I smelled Bella’s unique strawberry vanilla fragrance that I opened my eyes. Sitting in front of me was a cheesecake covered with strawberries and a ton of candles. “Don’t laugh at me.”

“Why?” I asked.

“I can’t sing but I’m gonna try,” she blushed.

So, my Bella has one flaw. She’s tone deaf. But her pitiful attempt to sing to me made my heart swell that she felt comfortable enough to do it for me. “Thank you, gorgeous,” I said as I pulled her into my lap. “But don’t quit your day job.”

“I warned you,” she said. “Now, blow out the candles before the cake decides to bake some more from the thirty candles I put on there.”

“Baby, I’m twenty-nine,” I said, arching a brow.

“One to grow on,” she smirked. “Blow, Cullen!” I chuckled, inhaling deeply to blow out the litany of candles on the cake. With one blow, the candles were extinguished. “Your mom said that you love cheesecake. I added the strawberries since you think I smell like them.”

I nuzzled her neck and inhaled deeply. “You do, gorgeous,” I said against her flesh. “Care to share a piece with me? I don’t think I could eat an entire slice since I’m so full from your delicious ravioli.”

“Sounds heavenly,” she said as she quickly cut us a slice of the cake. She fed me the cake, which was a slice of pure decadence topped with strawberries and goodness. We finished our cake, feeling completely sated. 
“Ugh, I didn’t need to eat that.”

“Neither did I but it’s my birthday,” I said as I tightened my hold around her waist.

“Oh, don’t squeeze. I’m so full that I’m about to burst,” she laughed. “Oh, by the way, here’s your other present.”

“Bella, you didn’t have to get me anything,” I said. “The book, the day, the meal…they were all perfect.”

“Hush. Let your girlfriend spoil you,” she said as she put a box in my hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment