Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Ilha do Amor Teaser


He looked back at the present seated on his lap. Reaching inside, he pulled out the card. “Uh, Bella. Why does my card have a picture of two naked men on the front?”

“Read it, Edward,” I giggled.

“’Life is all about asses…you’re either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, bushing it, trying to get a piece of it or behaving like one…Now, get your ass in gear and celebrate! Happy birthday! Love, Bella,’” he laughed. “So appropriate.”

“Emmett had it and told me to give it to you. It’s perfect,” I giggled.

“I have no doubt that my brother was going to give this to me. I have been an ass for too long,” he said, putting the card next to his leg. “Not anymore. At least not to my friends and family. Rude guests and ignorant people? Probably but the people I care for and love the most, don’t deserve it.”

“Now, for the present, Alice said that you were looking for this for awhile,” I said, nudging the bag closer to him.

“I’ve been waiting my whole life for you, Miss Swan,” he said smoothly.

“I’m not in the bag, Mr. Cullen,” I teased.

“So, it’s not a calendar of you in various stages of undress, beckoning me to make love to you?” he taunted.

“We met less than a week ago, Edward,” I deadpanned.

“Wishful thinking,” he smirked. “Maybe for Christmas?”

“We’ll see, Edward,” I said. “Now, open your damn present!” He laughed heartily and pulled out the ton of tissue paper from the bag. Once he reached the book, he flipped it in his hands to reveal the cover.

“Wow, I’ve been wanting to get this forever,” he mused. “I saw it online and I was going to order it, then I got pulled into a meeting with Rose and a couple getting married here. I never got around to actually ordering it. That was nearly three months ago.”

“I picked it up at the airport but never got around to reading it since your sister talked to me for the entire flight,” I said.

“Come here,” he said, opening his arms. I hugged and he kissed me senseless. “Turn around, gorgeous.” His legs were on either side of me with the book in my lap. “Let’s plan our ultimate vacation. If money, time and work were not issues, where would we go?”

We spent nearly two hours pouring over his book, planning our trip. The vacation would be nearly ten years long, spanning the entire globe. “You’re quiet, Bella,” Edward said as he kissed my shoulder.

“Just thinking. The vacation sounds like fun but my dream is to build a home with someone,” I said thoughtfully.

“Meaning?”

“Finding someone special, getting married, building or moving into a house where you can see raising children 
and building a future,” I whispered.

“Do you want children?” Edward asked.

“Eventually,” I replied. “You?” He blushed and nodded. Then his eyes darkened, swirling with sadness. 
“You never thought you’d get that? Find someone to be with  you like that?”

“Not really. I thought that Lauren was that ‘someone’ and you saw what happened there,” he spat bitterly. 
“Then, I fucked myself with my choices and I’m afraid of the future for us. If something happens where we don’t make it, I don’t know what I’d do…”

“Do you want what I described with me?” I pressed.

“More than anything in the world. I know it seems super fast, but I close my eyes and I see what you described. Yes, I do want to travel the world with you, gorgeous, but to build a family, a home, a future with you; I’d give just about anything to make it happen,” he murmured. “Do you want that with me?”


Edward's breakfast in bed, plus fresh fruit

A distant view to the lagoon

Beach of the lagoon

The waterfall/lagoon

Picnic

Edward's 'Ass' card




No comments:

Post a Comment