Monday, October 29, 2012

A Ilha do Amor Teaser


“I bet my mom is forcing Edward to take a vacation,” Alice snickered. “Ever since he graduated college, he’s never taken any time off. Now, it’s time for him to relax and enjoy time with his girlfriend. I also know that he’ll fight her tooth and nail. Edward’s a workaholic.” Alice’s phone rang and she picked it up. “Yeah?”

“Edward’s spitting nails but he’s off for the remainder of Bella’s stay at Isle Esme. Your father is going to step in as business manager until Edward is done with his vacation,” Esme said. “He’ll finish out today but is off for the rest of the time that you’re there, Bella.”

“Wow,” I breathed.

“He’s deserved it and besides, Carlisle has some major ass-kissing to do with Edward because of his comment he made to him after the storm,” Esme guffawed. “Also, the day after tomorrow, we’re having a family dinner at the house for Edward’s birthday. You celebrate it with him on the day of, okay?”

“Sure, Esme,” I said. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Also, my son loves cheesecake,” she snorted, hanging up the phone.

 I rolled my eyes and looked at Alice. “Looks like you’re making Edward a cheesecake,” Alice smirked. I nodded. “You can use my kitchen to make it and I’ll deliver it to his house while you’re doing whatever you’re doing tomorrow.”

“Yeah, still don’t know what that is,” I said dryly. “I have a few ideas, but nothing truly concrete.” Alice gave me a wide grin and we spent a majority of the morning planning Edward’s birthday. We had most of it planned by lunchtime and a very surly Edward came out onto the pool deck. He plopped down next to me, giving me the hairy eyeball. “Don’t look in me in that tone of voice, Cullen.”

“So, I get this phone call from my mother, telling me that I’m on vacation,” he said, glowering at me. “Is this not your doing?”

“I did nothing,” I said, holding up my hands.

“Fairy?” Edward grumbled.

“I just called her. Mom’s insistence that you take some time off was her brainchild,” Alice said. “You need it. Enjoy your two weeks off.”

“Yeah,” I said as I elbowed him. “I’d like to see more of you than after work, lunch and cuddling at night.”

“Sorry,” he said. “I just can’t imagine NOT working, you know?”

“You can do it, Edward,” Alice said as she fell back onto her chaise. “Find an empty lounger, slather on some sunscreen and veg. It’ll do your mind, body and soul some good.”

“Besides, tomorrow, I’ve got something incredibly special planned for your birthday,” I said, giving him a seductive glance. “You’re mine all day and you will be so relaxed when I’m done with you.” Edward’s brow arched and he blushed slightly. “Get your mind out of the gutter, Cullen. You’re not going to get a massage with a ‘happy ending.’”

He snorted and shook his head. “You said it. Not me,” he chuckled, leaning over to kiss me.

No comments:

Post a Comment