Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Ilha do Amor Teaser


The next morning, I was in a bedroom. I sat up and noticed that the sun was shining. However, the warmth in the room indicated that the electricity was still off. The windows were open and a warm breeze was blowing the curtains. I rubbed my eyes and padded around the room to find a bathroom. Thankfully, there was one inside of the bedroom I was staying in. On the counter, there was a folded note in neat, block writing.

Bella,

I’m sorry I’m not here when you wake up. All of the staff was called in due to the damage of the storm. It’s all hands on deck to clean up the debris and mess left behind. In addition, the electricity is not functioning at this present time. Emmett and I have a date with our generators to salvage all of the food in our coolers.

I took the liberty of hanging up your dress. It’s in the closet. Also, there are fresh towels and all the necessities you might want or need to shower in the bathroom. I don’t know about you but it got sticky last night and I woke up a sweaty mess. Granted, I had another human drooling on my leg, but that’s neither here nor there.

Finally, there’s food in the kitchen. I don’t have any coffee (no power= no coffee maker) but I do have some pretty strong black tea that should work in a pinch if you’re a caffeine addict like me. If you come to the resort, come find me. Talking with you last night was probably the best thing that’s ever happened to me and I want to continue to build our friendship/relationship, Bella.

Yours, Edward

PS – In addition to the drooling, you also talk in your sleep. Your sleep conversations were quite 
humorous.

“Oh GOD,” I moaned. “What did I say?” I smacked my head. “Me and my stupid mouth.” First, I drooled then I talked? Kill. Me. Now. Grumbling, I decided to shower and wash off the grime and sweat from last night. The grime was from running in the rain on the sand. The sweat was from sleeping without air conditioning. I finished my shower and quickly plaited my hair while it was still wet. After my body was clean and my teeth were brushed, I put my dress on from last night. I decided to not put on my panties from the night before since the idea of putting on dirty skivvies on my clean body just squicked me out. Commando it was. 

1 comment: