Sunday, August 26, 2012

Angels and Monsters Teaser


“She’ll set fire to your home,” Alice said, looking at Betsy and Rich. “It will be a total loss.”

“Oh, no,” Betsy breathed. “Edward’s baby pictures, my memories with Edward Senior, my dildo collection...”

“MOM!” Edward barked. “Too much information!”

“Your mom has a dildo collection?” Emmett asked. Is Eddie’s mom into freaky shit? She looks so…so…normal. Like June Cleaver.

“Nearly fifty different dildos, Emmett,” Betsy said sadly. “Three of them are perfect replicas of Richard’s…”

“Stop!” Edward moaned, thrusting his hands into his hair. “Can the fire be prevented, Alice?”

Alice’s gaze turned blank and she sifted through several different futures. All of them were the same: a total loss of their home. “No, I’m sorry,” Alice replied meekly. “And if we go back for your items; the pictures and other, um, things, it will only expedite the process.”

Betsy’s eyes filled with tears and she leaned heavily on Richard. He gently soothed her as she fell apart. Edward shot up and walked out onto the patio, his mind and emotions were all over the place. Esme guided Betsy and Richard up to a guest bedroom. Alice began spouting her theories that Victoria may be starting a newborn army while I walked out to Edward on the patio.

“Edward?” I whispered.

“Why won’t she leave us alone?” he murmured, his voice filled with anguish.

“She’s hell bent on revenge,” I answered, wrapping my arms around his waist.
“But, why my parents? Why my memories?” he asked, his body trembling.  I didn’t do anything. Neither did they.

“Because, Victoria is the epitome of pure evil in the world. If she pairs up with my sire, it will be hell on earth,” I laughed humorlessly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment