Monday, July 2, 2012

Angels and Monsters Teaser


“I have a question, Jasper,” I said, furrowing my brow. “What does it feel like for you to be around me?”

“Do you want me to sugarcoat?”

“Brutally, honest.”

“My throat is on fire, Edward. Plus, being inside this car with you is my own personal hell,” Jasper said, his smile fading. “Your  scent is mouthwatering and couple that with your strong heartbeat, it’s taking all of my strength to not drain you. But, I couldn’t do that to Bella. She’s your mate and if I killed you, Bella would kill me then herself. However, it’s worse for her.”

“Because I’m her singer?” I muttered.

“Yes. What I’m feeling is nothing compared to what Bella is experiencing. Breathing in your scent for me is like swallowing gasoline and lighting a match,” Jasper said.

“Fuck,” I groaned.

“For Bella, it’s like breathing in plasma. You know from Star Trek?” Jasper said. “I’m in awe that she was able to restrain herself against you. Especially since she’s drunk from  humans before. Her entire existence. Something should have snapped and you should be dead. But, you’re not. Her arousal and connection to you is stronger than the call of your blood.”

“Oh,” I said dumbly.

1 comment:

  1. LOL "oh"...but really what can one say after getting that information?

    ReplyDelete