Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Pic Tease


The next morning dawned early and I woke up to an empty bed. I furrowed my brow and put on my glasses, going in search of my fiancée. I heard some quiet music in my office. The door was cracked and I saw Bella sitting in there, working on some sort of book. I didn’t want to disturb her, so I headed downstairs to make breakfast. My girl had taken to omelets with her pregnancy and we were going through eggs like they were out of style. I decided to make a western omelet with hash browns and bacon.

Bella floated down the stairs when I had finished the bacon and her nose was twitching. “You are too good to me, Edward,” she giggled as she swiped a strip of bacon.

“Breakfast is served, my love,” I said as I put her omelet in front of her.

“Shouldn’t I be making you breakfast?” she asked, arching a brow. “It’s your birthday, too.”

“Eh,” I shrugged. “I’m thirty-one. No big deal.”

“It is a big deal. Here,” she said as she handed me a card and a small box. “That’s the first part of your present.”

I smiled and opened up the card first. It was a picture of a duck wearing a graduation cap. It said ‘marching to beat of your own drum’ on the outside. I flipped it open and on the inside, Bella wrote, usually too quickly and avoiding ¾ time. Happy birthday! I reached for the box and tore it open. Inside was a miniature electric drum set that I could play with my fingers. “This is cute,” I snickered. “Thank you, love.”

“You’re welcome, Professor,” she said, her eyes twinkling. I leaned forward and kissed her lips before putting in batteries into my mini drum kit.








No comments:

Post a Comment