Monday, April 2, 2012

Witch Way Update

The Battle

It was still dark. The sun had barely begun to shift into the sky. We were all standing on a large field just outside of Forks, waiting. I was next to my wife who was staring at the field warily. To my right were Carlisle, Esme, Rose and Emmett. On Bella's left were Alice, Jasper, Carmen and Eleazar. Kate and Garrett were behind us along with Irina and her mate, Laurent. There were also a few nomads around in the field; vampires who were done with the Volturi's rule. Charlotte and Peter, Makenna and Charles and ironically enough, Maria, Jasper's maker.

On the outskirts of the field, were the wolves. I could hear each of their thoughts and excitement for the impending battle.

Let's get this shit done.

I wonder how many blood suckers I can take down?

Fucking leeches.

Mommy…

I looked around at the wolves and saw a younger wolf cowering behind Sam. I nodded to Sam, gesturing to the wolf. Sam regarded his comrade and saw the fear in his eyes. With a nod, Sam led the young wolf away from the field. Two quiet pops indicated that they had phased back into their human forms.

"How soon, Alice?" Carlisle asked.

"Fifteen minutes," Alice replied. "A few of their demons that can blink are close but are waiting for the rest of the horde of nastiness."

"Horde of nastiness?" Maria asked dryly.

"What?" Alice shrugged. "It's what they are."

No comments:

Post a Comment