Monday, April 2, 2012

Witch Way Teaser


She reached out for my outstretched hand and once our fingers touched, I was zinged. I pulled her into my arms and our bodies reacted. The electricity of our connection reacted and I felt alive. Edward. Oh my Edward. You’re okay. I am so sorry. I should have protected you. Please! PLEASE! Never let me go. Promise me, Edward.

Never, my Bella. We’re okay. We’re both okay. The threat is over and we can live our lives. I love you, my sweet girl. So much, I crooned mentally, kissing her face. “You need to hunt.”

“I need you more,” she pleaded.

“Bella, you need to regain you strength,” Jasper said from his spot below us. I shot him a look, pleading with my eyes from him to leave.  I get it, Edward. I’m going. I’ll take the oaf with me. Get her to feed before you go at it. Okay? Jasper tugged on Emmett’s sleeve and they ran off.

“They’re gone, love,” I said as I cupped her face. “I’ve never seen your eyes this dark. Please, I need you to eat.”

“I need to feel you, Edward.”

“I’ll make love to you after you’ve eaten, baby,” I suggested. “I need to feel you too, but I’m okay now. Look at my eyes.” She gazed up at me and saw the honey golden color of my irises. Her fingers glide over my nose and down my cheeks. “I need to see your beautiful eyes, Bella. My sweet wife.”

She bit her lip and nodded. I slung her onto my back as I darted off to find her something to drink. I was so afraid that I was going to lose you, Edward. Until I got that power boost from Alice, I thought you were going to die. “I felt you slip away, Edward.”

“I thought I was going to lose you, too. I don’t know what Maria was but she is gone now and can’t hurt you or me again,” I said as I stopped us. Just over the ridge, I heard six heartbeats. “Do you need me to…”

“No,” she said as she slid down my back. With a deep breath, she ran off to get something to drink. I followed at a safe distance, watching as she drained all six deer. Once she finished the final deer, she looked at me. Her eyes were no longer black but a burnt, russet orange. “Now can we…?” Fuck like bunnies?

Not fuck like bunnies, Bella. I want to make love to you. You saved me and I want to thank you. Let’s go back to the house and I show you how much I appreciate what you did for me.

“I don’t want to be around everyone yet,” she whispered as she laced her fingers in my hair.

“Okay. I found someplace the last time we were here,” I said. “Do you want to run or ride?”

“Ride,” she smiled. She hopped on my back and I darted to the meadow that I found a few months prior. Bella’s lips were attached to my neck and she was licking and nuzzling my skin. It made running difficult since each pass of her mouth was making me aroused. We finally arrived at the meadow and it was as perfect as I remembered it. Even more so since Bella was now with me. “It’s beautiful.”


No comments:

Post a Comment