Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood Update

Show Down

EmPOV
For an hour, I waited. I eventually saw Edward's beloved Volvo pull up to the foundation. He parked next to the obnoxious pink Beetle. A man got out first and he pulled out a glock from a shoulder harness beneath his jacket. Edward got out of his car and for the first time, I saw the changes in his body. He stood taller. He was confident. His shoulders were squared back. He tucked his hand into his belt and I saw him pull out his own gun. Mother fuck. He knows.

I darted back to the center of the room and righted Princess. He stirred and looked at me. "Edward's here, isn't he?" he slurred.

"Yes. He is," I said as pulled the gun from the small of my back. I pressed it under his chin. "Call out for him. Get him to come up here and then watch it all unfold, Princess."

"You won't get out of here alive," he whispered. "If you do, you'll be permanently scarred. I've seen it, Emmett." I punched him in the nose, causing the chair to fall over and he hit his head on the ground, groaning loudly.

"Alex?" Edward called. "Where are you?"

"Answer him," I hissed.

"Fuck you," Alex growled.

I picked up his chair and held the gun to his temple. "Let's try this again. Answer him," I seethed, snapping his head back.

"Upstairs, Edward," he said weakly. "Main classroom."

I heard them climb the stairs and I glared at the door. "It's now or never, little brother," I whispered. Edward burst into the room and his golden eyes bugged out comically. "Long time no see, Edward."

"Emmett," he breathed.





No comments:

Post a Comment