Monday, April 30, 2012

Figure Eight Teaser


“Are you guys going to perform in the exhibition?” Rosalie asked. “I have no doubt that you’d be expected to do so.”

“We are,” Edward said. “We’re going to do the lullaby routine. It’s slow and lyrical. Easy on the jumps and lifts. It won’t be too taxing on either one of us.”

The limo pulled up to the hotel and we all scrambled out. Emmett told me to soak in the tub and that he’d come up and check on me in an hour. Once in our suite, Edward ran me a bath and I sat in the water, with my love behind me until the water ran cold. Eventually, Edward got up and helped me out of the tub. I could definitely feel my muscles protest at the movement. I grimaced slightly. Edward’s brow furrowed as he led me to the bedroom. I put on a pair of yoga pants and one of Edward’s t-shirts. He called Emmett’s room and within ten minutes, Emmett, along with Jasper, came up to the suite.

Together, they assessed my hips and said that it wasn’t any worse. But, on the down side, it wasn’t any better. Emmett manipulated my legs to loosen them up. Edward sat by my head and caressed my cheeks as I whimpered. His words of love and comfort wafted over my body, but did little to assuage the pain I felt in my hips, lower back and pelvis. After my ‘therapy’ session with Jasper and Emmett, I was given a mild pain killer by Jas. It was approved by the United States Skating Federation. I was told that I needed to rest for another hour before we headed out to the club. Edward set me up in the bed, surrounded by pillows to stabilize my lower body. He turned on the television and we watched highlights from the ice dance competition and women’s final skate.

I apparently dozed off while watching television. I heard Edward quietly talking to Alice. Based off their voices, Alice was not very happy. The door closed and Edward crawled into bed with me. “What did the Wee One want?” I giggled, imitating his accent.

“To play with her life-sized Barbie doll,” he said as he nuzzled my neck. “I told her that you were resting and were fully capable of getting ready without her assistance.”

"God, I love you, Edward. You stood up to Alice," I breathed. 

"Eh, I try," he smirked. “If you don’t want to go, we don’t have to.”

“I do want to have some fun with everyone. I can’t cut loose as much as I would like, but it’ll still be fun,” I said as I ran my fingers through his soft, coppery hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment