Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood Teaser


My eyes darted from my brother to Alex who was sweating profusely. Emmett was holding a gun to Alex’s temple while he snarled lowly. I noticed  a dark stain at his shin. Alex has already been hurt. NO! Demetri is going to be so pissed. I need to get Alex out of here alive.

“Aren’t you going to hug me?” Emmett asked, pressing the gun further into Alex’s temple.

“Emmett, he hasn’t done anything to you,” I said, holding up my hands defensively. “Let him go.”

“Nah. I promised him a fight,” Emmett smirked. “I promised him that we would watch you die. Right, Princess?”

“You are a fucking asshole,” Alex spat.

“I’d shut up if I were you. I’m holding a loaded gun to your head, fag,” Emmett said as he smacked Alex’s face a few times.

“Don’t call him that,” I said as I glared at my brother.

“Why? He takes it in the ass. He’s a faggot,” Emmett said. “Just like you.”

Don’t let him bate you, Edward. You have a wife and children to worry about. DO NOT GET ARRESTED! But, it would honestly be self defense. Matthew had stood next to me, looking into my eyes. 
We both turned back to Emmett. “What do you want, Emmett?” I asked. “Really, what?”

“In a perfect world, I’d want you to die,” Emmett said as he glared at me. “Or better yet, for you to never have been born. You’re a waste of skin. A pussy. You’re not worthy of the name Cullen!”

“And you are?” I asked. I took a tentative step toward Alex and Emmett. “You think you’re so strong by killing Carlisle?”

“He was weak, too. In the end,” Emmett snapped. “He turned on his own flesh and blood.”

“So did you,” I said, trying to keep my voice calm. “You killed him.”

“That’s because he told all of my secrets! He told everyone about how I used whores to get off. He told everyone how I was incompetent as an attorney, pilfering money from the firm. He ruined me, Edward!” Emmett screamed, throwing Alex in his chair to the side. Alex let out a loud yelp. Matthew moved toward Alex but Emmett turned his gun onto my bodyguard. “I don’t think so.”

“He’s injured,” Matthew said, holding up his hands.

“I know. I did it to him,” Emmett said as he stepped over Alex. He kicked him in the leg that was bleeding. Alex’s responding screams were heart-breaking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment