Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Geek's Guide to Parenthood Update

A Hunch

"Demetri, I'm going to the foundation today," I said as I flounced over to my husband. "I should be back when our adorable little Kyra is going to be here."

"Excellent, mi amore," Demetri cooed. He pulled me into his arms and kissed me senseless. Damn, I love my husband. He's such a fucking great kisser. "Be good and don't bother Tim."

"I never bother Tim," I said, feigning innocence.

"Bullshit," Demetri snickered. "Tim always says that you're under foot."

"I just want to make sure that the foundation is safe. Especially since this drama with Emmett," I shuddered. "I can't believe that Emmett is Edward's brother. They are so different. Edward is kind, loving, gentle and fucking hot. Emmett is cruel, sadistic and mean. I mean, damn."

"If you're going to the foundation, make sure you bring your cell phone and pepper spray," Demetri said as he took my face in his large hands.

"I will," I said as I kissed his nose. "Call me if you need anything, stud."

"Definitely, baby," Demetri said as he dipped me, pressing his strong lips to mine. I moaned quietly and tangled my hands into his long, brown hair. I felt my body react to his kiss but didn't get a chance to do anything about it. Demetri pulled away. "Go, sexy boy. Before I call in sick and fuck you all day."

"Ooooh, can we?" I purred.

"Alex Horne Volturi, get your sexy ass to Naperville. The sooner you get there. The sooner you get home," he said as he smacked my butt. I squealed and danced away. I picked up my bag and keys. I blew my husband a kiss and headed to my car. It was a little after ten in the morning. I had to get some things for the foundation opening in a couple of days before I went to do the final walk-through with Tim. He had deemed it clear and ready for children, but I couldn't shake this odd feeling whenever I walked on the second floor, near the rear of the building. Tim said that he checked it out and there was nothing there, but I still get this cold shiver down my spine when I walk by a certain vent. Tim was too big to fit inside but I could fit in there perfectly. I made sure I had my little step stool and that I wore my 'grubbies.'

My $200 pair of jeans, not the $500 pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment