Sunday, April 1, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Update

Chapter Nineteen

"Emma! Hurry up, girl! We have our first dance class," I yelled up the stairs. Edward was bouncing on his toes, holding his camera as he waited for Emma. I was able to get us into the dance class after some cajoling with the teacher.

I explained to her that I was a performer and I could help Emma learn the steps and the basics. The teacher finally relented when I came into her evening class one night while she was working with her advanced class. A few of the girls from Springview Central were in the class and were shocked that I kept up with them, even surpassing them in learning the dance.

Soon, Emma bounded the stairs in black pants, pink short sleeved shirt and black 'Sparkle' hoodie. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail with some black, pink and white ribbons. Her face had a crooked grin on it, excited for her first dance class. "Do you think the kids will like me?"

"I'm certain," I said as I pulled my hair back into a low ponytail. "Besides, you're the coolest girl. Ever."

"Are you going to help with the class, Bella?" Emma asked.

"I am. The teacher was impressed when came to beg for our spots and now I'm assisting her," I smiled, crouching down to her level. "Daddy's coming too."

"My baby's first dance class," he sighed as he held up his camera.

"Please tell me you're not going to video it," Emma groaned.

"Too bad, so sad," Edward quipped. "Let's go dance, my loves."

I pull on Emma's ponytail as she passes me. She playfully scowled at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment