Saturday, March 31, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Teaser


“Oh, Bella?” Edward chimed.

“Yes,” I replied as I nibbled on some bread left by the waitress.

“Look at this,” he said, sliding a flyer toward me. It was an open call audition for Into the Woods for a local theater. Tears filled my eyes. I shook my head. “Bella, I’ve seen you working with those kids. You’re an amazing performer. You should try it.”

“I haven’t…not since…” I sniffled. “I can’t do that.”

“Yes, you can. You’d be perfect for Cinderella or the Baker’s Wife,” he urged. “Though, I’d hate to see you making out with another guy, but it’s acting. I can see the sparkle in  your eyes when you’re working with the students for Legally Blonde. Your confidence was boosted today during Emma’s dance rehearsal. Plus, you put all of those other mom’s to shame with your dance expertise. Hell, even the teacher looked like ass compared to you. You have the voice of an angel and it’s a shame that you don’t share it. Try out. What’s the worst that could happen? You don’t make it?”

“When are the auditions?” I asked.

“A week after Legally Blonde is done,” Edward explained. “What do you say?”

“I have a lot to do before the audition,” I blushed. “I’ll need new headshots, an audition piece and an update to my resume.”

“I have a friend of mine who does my headshots for me,” Edward smiled. I arched a brow at him. “I’ve been a guest conductor for several choral groups and they needed a headshot for the program. It’s pretty much me in my tuxedo, holding my conductor’s baton. Nothing fancy. Anyhow, I’ll give him a call and he can do yours for you.” He gave me a crooked grin, kissing my temple. “Perhaps he can take some other pictures, too. Just for you and me.”

“Perv,” I teased, elbowing him in the ribs.

“I am so not talking about naked pictures, Ms. Swan. Get your mind out of the gutter,” he replied in shock. “I’m talking about when I place a rock on your left hand and we announce it to the world.”

“Engagement pictures?”

“Bingo, my dear Marian,” he said as he kissed my lips quickly. “I’m not propose right now but I will. You know that, right?”

“Are you sure you want me forever?” I blushed. “I have a ton of baggage.”

“So do I,” Edward answered honestly, lacing his fingers with mine. “Bella, you’re my forever.”
“You’re mine, too,” I whispered as I kissed him on his perfect mouth.

1 comment: