Saturday, March 10, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Update

Chapter Seventeen

I sat up abruptly in the violet light of the dawn. Edward was curled around me, his features pulled in a frown. Did he hear my nightmare? Carefully, I extricated myself from his grasp. He wouldn't let go, though. "Stay, please?" he begged, his face scrunching up.

"I need to pee," I whispered, my voice thick with unshed tears. He huffed and released me. I crawled over him, slipping his shirt on over my naked body. Why would I have such a horrid dream after Edward and I make love? It was perfect, loving, and what I had always wanted. What I never got with James. Why couldn't I dream about that?

Inside the bathroom, I quickly took care of business and washed my hands. I took a cursory look in the mirror. My hair was a rat's nest on my head. My eyes were vacant. On my neck was a slight bruise from Edward's sucking. Great, a hickey. Not like I wasn't used to them. James used to riddle my whole body with them, marking me as his own. When he did that, I felt so dirty. But, Edward's mark made me feel different.

I couldn't pinpoint what that feeling was, though.

Pride?

Joy?

Love?

What is it?

I heard a quiet knock on the door, breaking my hickey reverie. Edward poked his head in. His hair was sticking up every which way, looking like 'sex hair.' That's because you had sex, idiot. "You okay?" he asked as he slipped into the bathroom, wrapping his arms around my waist. He had pulled on his boxer briefs. I ogled his bare chest while he nuzzled my neck. "You were gone for awhile."

"Just trying to calm down from a nasty nightmare," I murmured, cuddling into his embrace. "It was really bad, Edward."

"Want to tell me?" he asked as he turned me around, staring into my eyes. He picked me up and placed me on the vanity. I squealed quietly when my bare ass touched the cool granite of the counter. His hands cradled my face. "Please, baby?"

"James," I whispered. "In my dream. He found me."

No comments:

Post a Comment