Monday, January 23, 2012

Finding Love Through Music Update

Chapter Twelve

"Bella! Baby, please wake up," Edward murmured frantically. "I need to see your beautiful eyes. Please, love?"

My eyelids fluttered and I looked up into Edward's pained face. Why am I on the floor? I think I have rug burn on my ass. "What happened?"

"You collapsed. Charlie called…" he whispered.

James…searing pain…crippling fear…JAMES…

My brain became foggier as I struggled to stay awake. Then, I started shaking uncontrollably. I couldn't breathe. I clutched at Edward. James is going to find me…HE'S GOING TO KILL ME! I scrambled up and ran into the bathroom, slamming the door shut. I heaved the contents of my stomach into the toilet and curled on the floor as it flushed. I sobbed uncontrollably as I rocked on the cold bathroom floor. Edward came into the bathroom, holding a small pill bottle.

"Bella, I know you're scared," he said calmly. "Please take your meds…"

"They won't save me," I screamed. "I'm as good as dead. James is going to finish what he started." I clawed at my hair, continuing to cry. Edward put the medication on the counter and pulled me into his arms. I fought against him. I needed to get away. Keep him safe from the sadistic fucker that was James.

No comments:

Post a Comment