Monday, October 10, 2011

The Next Chapter teaser


“Bella? I’m going to take a nap,” I called out. No response. “Bella?”

I checked on the kids. They were happily watching some cartoon in the family. I went to search for my wife. I heard voices in the garage. My hackles went up and I went outside. In our garage, Bella was glaring at an older woman with heavily highlighted hair, caked on makeup and clothes that were highly inappropriate for someone of her age.

“Mother, you are not welcome here,” Bella snarled. “I haven’t spoken with you since my wedding with Mike because you made a fool out of me. Out of you. Out of our entire family. Please leave.”

“Now, Isabella. Is that the way you’re going to talk to you mother?” she asked.

“Excuse me, ma’am, but my wife asked you to leave. Please do so before I call the police,” I said, glaring at Bella’s mother.

“Aren’t you yummy?” she said as she licked her lips. “It’s a shame that such a virile man is wasted on my plain little girl.”

“Do you have your phone, Edward?” Bella asked.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out my cell phone. I dialed 911 and held it up to my ear. I explained to the operator that we had an intruder on our property who wouldn’t leave. She explained that a squad car would be there momentarily. I ended the call and wrapped my arm around Bella’s waist. She was shivering. “Do you want to go inside, beautiful girl?”

“We both should,” Bella growled. “This woman may have given birth to me but she’s not my mother.”

“Oh, please. I have the stretch marks and cellulite to prove that I am your mother, Isabella,” she said.

“Whatever, Renee. I have my own stretch marks and cellulite and I love my children,” Bella said angrily. “I don’t compete with them like you did with me. How’s Mr. Newton? Bang him recently?”

“I consoled him after the death of his son,” Renee said. “Couldn’t you at least aim for his chest or arm or something? Why his head?”

“Because he had a gun pointed at my husband, Renee. My instinct was to protect him,” Bella yelled. “I can’t take this. Make sure the trash gets put out, Edward. And if she lays one finger on you, I give you full permission to hit a woman. Smack some sense into that thick skull of hers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment