Friday, October 28, 2011

Figure Eight Teaser


The security guard holding Edward released him. He ran over to me, pulling me into his arms. I hissed quietly as his hands ran over my back where I undoubtedly had massive bruises. I buried my nose into Edward’s chest, trying to quell the sobs that threatened to break forth. A few moments later, the cops showed up and dragged Jacob away in handcuffs. He was snarling and sneering at Edward as they forced him through the club. Alice and Rose came up to me, giving me a hug before we got into a separate squad car to give our statements to the police.

We were taken into separate rooms. I wanted nothing more than to crawl into bed and sleep forever, safe in Edward’s arms. But, that was not happening. I spent several hours recounting what happened to me in the bathroom of Excalibur two detectives. I also explained my previous relationship with Jacob along with the recent news about his quest to make me ‘his.’ The detectives asked if I wanted to press charges.

Really? You’re really asking me that? Really? I mean, seriously.

Yes, I wanted to press charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment