Sunday, September 11, 2011

Figure Eight: Teaser


. I pulled her car into the circle in front of the hotel. I grabbed my bag from the trunk and gave Bella a smile. “I’ll see you soon, Bella.”

“Have a safe flight. Text me or something when  you get in?” she asked.

“Of course,” I said. She bit her lip and danced on her toes. I put my bag on the ground and wrapped my arms around her body. She damn near melted into my body. Her muscles relaxed and she tried to get closer to me. Could she feel the same way about me that I do about her?

I pulled away, reluctantly. I really wanted to cup her heart-shaped face in my hands and press my lips against hers. But it wasn’t the time. Yes, she helped me yesterday. Yes, I was physically attracted to her. Yes, I was starting to become emotionally attracted to her. Okay, very emotionally attracted to her. “I’ll see you in a couple of weeks, Bella.”
She smiled sadly and walked to her car. She gave me a wave before she slipped into the driver’s seat. She put on a pair of sunglasses and sped off. As her car moved into traffic, my heart sputtered. I was in physical pain as I watched her drive away.

No comments:

Post a Comment