Wednesday, July 27, 2011

ANSOL Teaser: Chapter 34


“Call him, love,” Edward said as he caressed my cheek. “He’s dying to talk to you. Please?”

I sighed and dialed the number on my cell phone. I activated my hands-free and waited for Charlie to pick up. “Detective Swan,” was his gruff greeting.

“Um, hi. It’s Bella. Bella Dwyer,” I said nervously.

“Oh, Bella! What a pleasant surprise. How are you?”

“I’m good, Charlie,” I said, biting my lip. “I heard what happened to Carlisle.”

“He should have received jail time. However, it was his first offense and he promised to never contact Edward or his family again. The judge gave him community service and a huge fine,” Charlie grumbled. “Are you available for lunch sometime?”

“How about tomorrow?” I suggested.

“What time works for you?” Charlie asked.

“I have a meeting until twelve, so let’s shoot for 12:30?” I suggested. “There’s a Cheesecake Factory right by my office in the Hancock.”

“Great! I’ll meet you there,” Charlie said; the smile in his voice was evident.

“I’ll call you if anything changes. I’ll see you tomorrow, Charlie,” I said.

“Bye, Bella.”

No comments:

Post a Comment