Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Worth the Fight Update

 WTF Ch. 40 on FFn

WTF Ch. 40 on AO3

WTF Ch. 40 on Stars

WTF Ch. 40 on Wattpad

"Follow the light, Edward," Carlisle commanded. He moved the light slowly across his field of vision, then moving it up and down. Edward's gaze followed it, sharp and clear. "Good. Does your head hurt, aside from the stitches above your eyebrow?"

"The jaw and temple are the most tender," Edward said, pointing to where he had several bruises. "But, my ribs hurt the most."

"Let me take a few films. The blows might have aggravated the previous breaks," Carlisle said. "Do you want to shower before I take the x-rays?"

"Yeah, I can't handle my own stench. Plus, Jacob? He was rank," Edward shuddered. "I really don't want to put on my suit, though."

"We've got the press conference after this. Sorry, son," Charlie chuckled, wearing his own suit, having changed after the fight. During the fight, he was in a pair of black cargo pants and black long-sleeved shirt. It allowed him to carry a lot of supplies without having to carry a bulky bag. It also hid any blood spatter from the fight. Now, Charlie was in an all-black suit with a purple tie that matched the tone of Edward's fighting trunks. "You represent Bull Dog in all facets, Edward."

"Okay, okay," Edward snorted, sliding off the table and into the private bathroom.



No comments:

Post a Comment