Friday, July 28, 2023

Worth the Fight Teaser

 Early the next morning, Bella snuck out of the bedroom. Edward, despite being exhausted, tossed and turned. His body took a beating, and he was paying for it now. In the living space, she found Carlisle and Charlie. “Good morning.” She kissed her father’s cheek and smiled at Carlisle. “Can Edward get a massage this morning? He was in pain last night.”

“Take it easy on him,” Carlisle answered. “Avoid the bruises on his body, especially around his ribs. There are some small fractures in the bones.”

“Can he also get some pain killers? He’s not fighting for at least a month. One Vicodin won’t kill him,” Bella huffed.

“I have some, but I’m not going to drug him without his consent,” Carlisle said, checking his watch. “I have a teleconference meeting in an hour. I hate talking over Zoom. I’ll leave some Vicodin with your dad, but don’t push it. Edward is very particular about what he puts in his body.”

“I know,” she nodded. Blinking to her dad, she smirked. “Don’t you have some fighter to train? Or a meeting to go to?”

“Actually, I don’t. I was hoping to spend the day with you and Edward,” Charlie retorted with a shit-eating grin.

“Dad!” Bella huffed. “Really? I don’t think so.”

“He doesn’t,” Carlisle snickered. “He’s actually checking out another fighter to possibly join the Bull Dog family. Your car will be here in ten minutes.” He got up from his spot. “I’m going down to the business center and then I’m meeting Alice and Esme to go out for lunch and an afternoon of shopping.”

“Oooh, have fun,” Bella sang. “Better you than me.”

“I’d rather have a hip replacement without being sedated,” Carlisle grumbled, picking up his computer bag as he left.



No comments:

Post a Comment