Friday, July 20, 2018

A Modern Day Fairy Tale Update

AMDFT Chapter 19 on FicPad

AMDFT Chapter 19 on FFn

AMDFT Chapter 19 on Stars

AMDFT Chapter 19 on AO3

AMDFT Chapter 19 on Wattpad


I was dressing for my date with Bella. Tia was with her, helping her decide on her attire for the evening. In her way, Tia did the same with me, pushing a dark grey Dior suit into my hands with an arched brow. So, I was looking in my closet, trying to find a tie to go with the ensemble Tia brought for me. I decided to keep it simple, swiping a subtly printed black tie. Looping it around my neck, I tied it and slid on my jacket. I added some cologne before walking to the living room.

“Looking sharp, your princeliship,” Jacob sang.

“Thanks,” I smirked, blinking over to him. “You, too.”

“Tia said that I needed to look like a bodyguard of an elite royal. My bargain suits from the bureau weren’t cutting it,” Jacob said, rolling his eyes. “Despite buying my suits at the Men’s Warehouse, I look nice!”

“You do, but it’s opening night. This is cut like a tuxedo,” I said, brushing my hands over the wool. “As is yours.”

“It makes hiding my guns difficult,” he grumbled. “I need more room, or I’ve got this bulge.” I shot him a withering glare. “Not there, you perv!”

“Behave, Jacob William Black, you’re working for the Gevalian government and your actions are representative of us,” I said. He laughed, flipping me off and walking back to his room, grumbling about using his ankle holster. I double checked reservations with my attaché, which were verified, and confirmations sent to my cell phone. I heard the clicks of heels. I blinked up, hoping to see Bella, but seeing Tia. “Everything okay?”

“Bella’s good to go, bitching about you spending too much money on her,” she snickered. “But, I picked out a gorgeous cocktail dress for her. She’s just talking to her dad. He’s talking to her about dating. She’ll be out in a little bit.”

“Thank you for all of your help, Tia,” I said, shaking her hand. “And for this.”

“Your mother found out you were going to the opening night of the Radio City Rockettes and she said you needed to be a representative of the Gevalian royal family.”

“Nice of her to call me and tell me,” I grumbled.

“She, instead, called me,” Tia snickered. “Or rather, her people called my boss. Something about the consulate forwarding over your schedule.” I huffed out a breath. “I don’t know how you do it.”

“I don’t. Initially, I fought this assignment, but I’m grateful I’m here and not there. My mom can be an overbearing shrew, but I love her,” I chuckled, tugging on my hair.

“My mom is just as overbearing and she’s not a ruler of a country. If she had her way, I’d be married to a man and popping out kids,” Tia snickered. “I like girls and I’m not having kids. My girlfriend or wife can do that, or we’ll adopt. Anyway, I’ve got to head back to the store. I’m earning some overtime by setting up the holiday window for the couture floor.”

I nodded, getting her coat and waving as she left. Turning around, I saw Bella standing just inside the living room. She wore a black cocktail dress with her earrings and a simple bracelet. “Wow,” I breathed. “Bella … you’re …”

“It’s not too much?” Bella asked, tucking an errant curl behind her ear.

“No, cherie. You look so exquisite,” I smiled, walking to her and sliding my arms around her waist. “I love you, baby.”

She blushed, biting her lip and laying her hands on my chest. “I love you, too, your majesty,” she whispered, her lips curled up into a coy grin.

“Technically, since I’m not the ruler, I would be classified as ‘His Royal Highness,’” I gently corrected. “But, I prefer to be Masen. Just Masen.”

Bella's dress

Masen's tuxedo

Radio City Music Hall

Tavern on the Green






No comments:

Post a Comment