Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Shaky Ground Update

Shaky Ground Chapter 36 on FicPad

Shaky Ground Chapter 36 on Stars

Shaky Ground Chapter 36 on AO3

Shaky Ground Chapter 36 on FFn

Shaky Ground Chapter 36 on Wattpad


During a rare moment of calm, Edward pulled out his cell phone. It was the end of his first week at OHSU. He was tired and exhilarated at the same time, but was making friends and becoming more and more comfortable with his new position. Esme was a close friend, but he was also growing friendlier with Mira Kai and Jackson Peterson. He was also impressed at the level of knowledge that medical students and residents had with their patients. In addition, the rapport among the staff was friendly, open and one of mutual respect.

Shaking his head, Edward found Bella’s number and quickly dialed it. “Hello?” she responded, her voice breathless.

“Hey, gorgeous,” Edward smiled. “Did I catch you at a bad time?”

“I just got home from physical therapy. I walked on the treadmill, Edward,” Bella squealed. “It wasn’t pretty, but I was walking … in a sneaker and a huge brace … but walking! One step closer to starting my new job!”

“Congratulations, my love,” Edward breathed. “How’s your pain level?”

“It’s pretty bad, so I took some heavy-duty pain medication,” Bella said. “I just got out of the shower and I’m going to take a nap while Jake is at school. Am I going to see you? I miss my boyfriend.”

“I was hoping to take you out, introduce you to some of the attending physicians from the emergency department. They go out to some pizza joint every Friday and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?” Edward asked.

“What time?” Bella asked in reply. “I want to know how long I have to nap. My pain pills are kicking in.”

“I’ll be by to pick you up a little after seven, Bella,” Edward said, chuckling at her slight slurring of her words. “I promise to get you back early.”

“I want to stay with you. Carlisle was sneezing like a mad man when he dropped me off at physical therapy. I think he’s sick,” she yawned. “Can I?”

“My house is your house, Bella,” he said, a crooked grin spreading over his face and wishing that she’d stay with him permanently. “Sleep well, baby. Love you.”

“Love you so much more,” she slurred.

Edward hung up the phone, chuckling quietly as he put it into his pocket. He worked the rest of his shift and verified the plans with the attending physicians. “You’re coming, right, Masen?” Jackson asked, his beaming smile making him much younger. He was a tall man, six-seven with a bald head and a thick dark beard.

“I’m picking up my girlfriend and then I’ll meet you there,” Edward answered. “Order me a beer?”

“Stella or Guiness?” Jackson snickered.

“I’m Irish. Guiness,” Edward smirked, chuckling quietly. “See you in a bit, man.” 









No comments:

Post a Comment