Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Out of the Darkness Teaser

We’d been in Scotland for a month. Bella was taking to her new life as a Dominion Lordship with ease. Though, having me train along with her, made things much more comfortable for both of us. She was also healing, laughing and finally putting her human life, tragedies, fear and insecurities, behind her. Her final few paychecks from the school district were donated Child Protective Services, along with a hefty donation from one of my many off-shore accounts.

When we weren’t training and strengthening Bella’s angelic powers, mainly her shield, Bella and I were walking the grounds of the gorgeous castle that Esme had gifted to me, per Carlisle’s instructions from his letter. It was put under my name. I didn’t want to accept it because I’d already taken his Lordship position. It seemed wrong for me to take his castle. But, Esme was adamant. It would appear that there was going to be some restructuring of the legion. Since I was in training, I wasn’t privy to the information.

Not yet.

According to Esme, I’d be ready soon. Bella, however, was probably going to train under me for at least a year, honing her skills and growing as an angel, healing as a woman. Esme talked with her when they had their flying lessons. I could see my mate, my love, blossom under her love and finally find her strength.

Now, while we were enjoying our time in Scotland, I let Bella take control of our relationship. Yes, we were mates. No, we hadn’t formalized the bond as angels, but I was planning on doing that soon, using both angelic customs and human traditions. I was going to ask her to be my wife. I wanted to give her a ring and give her the human wedding she’d always dreamed of, with Charlie giving her away and seeing her in a white dress, walking down the aisle to me. I’d purchased a ring for her and was waiting for the perfect time to propose.

Alice and Esme didn’t understand why I wanted to do this, but living among humans for so long, I realized how big a deal having a wedding could be. Charlie backed me up. I remembered her dreams when she was human. Some were nightmarish memories from her childhood, but the few good dreams were of weddings. Specifically, our wedding. I wasn’t going to deny her, even if she was an angel and we were mated for life. I wanted to give her a wedding, a ring and a promise of forever.

Truly forever. Not a human forever, but angelic. All eternity.

Bella and Alice were in town, indulging in some much-needed shopping and girly pampering, while I was reading and relaxing with Felix. His head was on my lap while I gently scratched behind his ears. His tail thumped and I looked up. Esme came walking into the library, sitting down across from me. She scrubbed Felix’s belly. “Everything okay?” I asked, closing my book after marking my spot.

“Good,” she nodded. “I just spoke with Gabriel. He feels that you’re almost ready to take over. How do you feel?”

“I’m not as overwhelmed, but I’m anxious to propose to Bella. What if she says no?” I whispered.

“She won’t,” Esme snickered. “He thinks that once you’ve finalized your mating bond, you’ll be ready for your new position.”

“Position? I don’t understand. I thought I was a Dominion,” I said.

“You are, but since you’ve spent so much time on earth, you know so much more about human customs than most of us,” Esme said. “You are a Dominion Lordship, but you and Bella will be the liaisons to earth. Angels, like Alice and anyone else stationed down here, will come to you for guidance and training if they haven’t been down to the surface in a long time. This castle will be your home base.”

“This is the restructuring?” I asked.

“Yes. With Bella’s previous situation with Heidi, we need more angels down here and not watching from above, taking a more active role in guarding their humans. They need to be able to blend in with the population. Your job is to help them do that. You will be responsible for a part of the legion, but it will be those who are living on the planet,” Esme said. “We’re planning on having about two thousand angels down here, all over the world.”

“That’s a lot of angels,” I said, my eyes wide.

“Compared to the humans that need their guidance, it’s a pittance. If we need to add more, we will. That’s why Bella will help you. She’s closer to her human side than you are because she was just turned. Though your time down here during your exile has helped, inadvertently,” Esme replied, giving me a wry smile. “Both of you will need to report in once a month, but you will stay here in Scotland.” She crossed her legs daintily and looked at me intently. “What do you think?”

“I think that it’s a brilliant idea. Why wasn’t it proposed before?” I asked.


“Humanity, even without Lucifer’s influence, is at an all-time low. War is everywhere, hatred, greed … it needs to come to an end. We need to raise up everyone and show them that goodness is desired, not instant gratification, prejudice or hate,” Esme said. “We need a more powerful presence on the surface. That’s you. That’s Bella. It will be the two thousand angels that will be assigned here. We will make this place what it should be.” A sweet smile spread over her face as she clapped her hands. “Do you have it?”


1 comment:

  1. I have read most of your stories, but not this one.....I think I will try it...

    ReplyDelete