Saturday, August 19, 2017

Out of the Darkness Update

OOTD Chapter 32 on FicPad

OOTD Chapter 32 on Stars

OOTD Chapter 32 on AO3

OOTD Chapter 32 on FFn

OOTD Chapter 32 on Wattpad


“She went to get a ball in the woods, Ms. Mallory,” said a fifth-grade student named Emily. “She tossed it to me and I thought she was right behind me, but Miss Swan never came out from the woods.” She did seem afraid to go in there. Why couldn’t Ms. Mallory or Miss Stanley hang out in the outfield?

“Figures,” Lauren scoffed. “Swan is probably slacking off.”

I ran over to the kickball field when I felt a buildup of dark energy. Mrs. Cope yelled at me to stay, but not when I sensed danger. I was tempted to flash my wings, but I had to maintain my cover. I arrived at the field, crouching down in front of the girl. “Emily, I’m Mr. Cullen and I’m Miss Swan’s boyfriend. Did you see anyone in the woods when she went in there?”

“No, just her, Mr. Cullen,” she said. “Is she alright?”

“I’m going to check, sweetie,” I replied, giving her a tight grin. I shot Lauren and Jessica a glower. “Get these kids inside.”

“We don’t have to answer to you,” Jessica scoffed.

“Now is not the time to flex your nonexistent muscles, Stanley. I will win,” I sneered. The clouds darkened and there was a distant rumble of thunder. I smirked. “Get these kids inside. It’s going to rain.” Just as I said that, the clouds opened up and Lauren screamed for everyone to go to their classrooms. Alice and Seth went into mine and Bella’s rooms while I ducked into the forest. I sensed a powerful evil, but it wavered for a moment. I tried to find Bella, but her soul was out of reach and dark to me. I heard the approach of several angels. Carlisle and Esme landed next to me. “Did you handle the weather?”

“Yes,” Carlisle nodded. “Those two …” he wrinkled his nose in the direction of Lauren and Jessica. “They are truly spiteful women.”

“Agreed,” Esme sneered. “My child, do you sense her?”

“No,” I choked out. “She was taken from here, but whomever grabbed her has not succumbed completely to the darkness. Do you think …?”


The Underworld




No comments:

Post a Comment