Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Out of the Darkness Teaser

I woke up and I was sore. Muscles that hadn’t been used were tight and my hips were not liking me, but I felt at peace. Behind me, Edward was curled around me, tracing my back. “What are you doing?” I asked, my voice rough and raw.

“Tracing your ribs,” he said. “And drawing on your back. Your skin is flawless, Bella. Like alabaster.” I blushed and he chuckled. “I’ll never tire of touching you, Bella.” I turned my head, smiling at him. He was beauty and power and protection, wrapped up in a sexy package with a crooked smile, jade-colored eyes, bronze hair, tattooed skin and charcoal wings. “God, you floor me with how beautiful you are.”

“You’re delusional,” I snorted, getting up and realizing that I was still naked. “Um …”
Edward stood up and he was very much naked. He cupped my face with his hands. “Bella, you are the most beautiful woman in the world. I’m honored that you shared yourself with me, giving me your virtue …”

“You and I both know that my virtue is long gone,” I said flatly.

“No, beautiful,” he frowned. “What was taken from you was your innocence by those assholes who raped you. You saved your virtue and gave it freely, to me. Our making love was our choice, our decision. Yes, I was hesitant at first, but when all was said and done, we shared something so sacred and so beautiful, that I’ll cherish it forever.” He gathered me in his arms, holding me close and tucking me against his body with his wings. “Now, why don’t we take a shower? Head back home?”

“I don’t want to go back,” I chuckled. “It was so quiet here. And I felt …”

“Safe,” he finished for me. I nodded, pouting deeply. “You’ll get that back. I promise you, pretty Bella. For now, I just want to hold you and trace some more nonsensical designs on your skin.”

“Maybe a tattoo?” I whispered.

“You want one?” he asked. My eyes widened as I nodded fervently. “Bad ass! What?”

“Wings,” I cried. “Your wings protect me. I want my own, to, um, protect me. I know it’s stupid …”
“Not stupid, Bella. Definitely not,” he said. “Let’s take a shower and then we can go to a friend of mine who lives in Seattle.”

“Another angel?” I asked.

“He’s a cherub,” Edward chuckled. “Total baby face and so cute, but covered, head-to-toe in tats. Does excellent work. He gave me my wings, but yours will be far more feminine. And he’s a total bad ass when it comes to fighting minions. He’ll probably want in on stopping Riley.”



No comments:

Post a Comment