Saturday, July 29, 2017

Out of the Darkness Update

OOTD Chapter 29 on FicPad

OOTD Chapter 29 on Stars

OOTD Chapter 29 on AO3

OOTD Chapter 29 on FFn

OOTD Chapter 29 on Wattpad


I woke up, my stomach snarling and my body aching. I checked for any injuries, but realized that it was residual pain from Alice’s almost lethal attack. I stretched, getting up from the bed, showering and dressing before going into the kitchen. Bella was curled up on the couch with Felix snuggled to her side. She was sleeping, her face almost serene. Felix looked at me, his tail thumping. “Stay with her, bub,” I said, going into the kitchen to eat some breakfast.

Devouring a hearty breakfast, I felt a call in my heart. It was Carlisle. I was not ready to see him. I responded, thinking to him that I needed time, but he reached out to me again, almost insistent. I looked at my mate, my Bella and I couldn’t leave her. Alice was still healing. Charlie was back up with the other Lordships and Esme was in charge of the clean up behind the Forks Police Department, then going up to Heaven to see if Bella was punished for Charlie’s indiscretions.

He landed on the patio. I huffed out a breath and snuck out, casting a glance at Bella. She’d be safe for the time being. I wasn’t leaving my yard. “What is it?” I asked.

“I researched that human,” Carlisle said. “Jane Hopkins? She checks out, but I’m concerned for her level of pride. Lucifer could use that to his advantage, twisting her to the dark side.”

“Using one of the seven deadly sins?” I growled. “Has he done it before?”

“Hitler? He was a prideful man and look where it got him,” Carlisle replied, wrinkling his nose. “I think that it’s okay for Bella to interview, but you need to stay close by. Lucifer could use his newly formed power of controlling humans to manipulate her, Jane or Bella.”

“We’ll keep that in mind. Now, I’m going to check on my mate. Throughout this whole ordeal, her needs and her fears were neglected. It’s why she’s so hesitant to trust,” I said.

“May I speak with her?” Carlisle asked.

“She’s resting and I don’t have the heart to wake her. Her world was thrown into a tailspin. First, when I entered in life and then again when she was told that her father was a Dominion Lordship who had his powers stripped, effectively abandoning her to the wolves. Now, I don’t know what His feelings are regarding this whole thing is, but there’s only so much that a human can take. I’m going to care for her, love her and give her the protection she needs and the reassurance she desires.” I turned and went back inside, picking up Bella easily and tucking her to my side. I wrapped my wings around her, pressing my lips to her forehead. I’m here, my beloved. You’re safe. I’ve got you and I vow to never let anything happen to you.

The rest of the weekend was spent recuperating. Alice slept the entire time. Charlie went back to work as the police chief in Forks, only to keep up appearances. Esme was doing her own research up in heaven and I could feel Carlisle hovering nearby. Bella was quiet, but she was demonstrative and always needed to be near me. I was more than willing to accept her kisses, her snuggles and her need for reassurance. Her world had been upended and she was finally healing. I could feel her acceptance, her growth and her love bubbling inside her. The pain was still there, but it was not the most prevalent feeling in her emotions.

Felix

Angelward

Dominion Carlisle




No comments:

Post a Comment